Grants:Project/Rapid/Macdanpets/Yoruba Wikipedia Translation-a-thon/Report
Jump to navigation Jump to searchThis report for a Rapid Grant approved in FY 2020-21 has been reviewed and accepted by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Report accepted
- To read the approved grant submission describing the plan for this project, please visit Grants:Project/Rapid/Macdanpets/Yoruba Wikipedia Translation-a-thon.
- You may still comment on this report on its discussion page, or visit the discussion page to read the discussion about this report.
- You are welcome to Email rapidgrants at wikimedia dot org at any time if you have questions or concerns about this report.
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, we met some of our goals but we are not really happy about how the project went. The COVID-19 pandemic was disruptive to this project on many counts.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|If two events are organized||Two events were organized||Two events were organized with more than 30 participants altogether|
|If at least 30 people participate||More than 30 people participated in the two events||In spite of the disruption caused by the pandemic, more than 30 people participated in the two events|
|If at least 10 Yoruba language expert editors are recruited||A total of 5 Yoruba language editors were recruited.||A total of 5 Yoruba language editors were recruited. Of the 5 experts, two were Yoruba language students, one Yoruba language broadcasters , a publisher of a Yoruba online newspaper and a radio presenter (yo:User: Atewolara, yo:user:Rinwa75, yo:user:Egemoji, yo:user:Rianat Lawal, & yo:user: Adegoke95)|
|If at least 100 articles are translated or improved||A total of 50 articles were created. Some of the articles created are
||We could not meet this goals as many participants were new editors and more time were spent putting them through on how to contribute|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The approval of project end date extension by the WMF.
- Internt was fairly good
- The list of lockdown by the Lagos State Government worked well
- What did not work so well?
- The restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- What would you do differently next time?
- A few people joined online but there was no internet data support for them. In the future, we will make provision for internet data support for people and ask them to join online.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Remaining funds have been used or will be used for other approved mission-aligned activities. This use has been requested in writing and approved by WMF.
- Yes. A total of NGN 4,473.65 (USD 11.69)
|Date||Time||City||Vendor/receiver||Items||Amount||Currency||Purchase||Purpose of purchase||Receipt status|
|21st Nov. 2020||10:00 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Yemi Legend||Food||170,000||NGN||Food as refreshments||Food and drinks for participants||Receipts were provided by this vendor|
|21st Nov. 2020 & 8th May 2021||10:00 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||See Hope Hall & De Santoess||Venue||200,000||NGN||Venue for the two events||Venue for the two events (1 November 2020 and 8 May 2021)||Receipts were provided by this vendor|
|20th Nov. 2020||9:00 AM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Commercial buses||Transportation for facilitators||60,000||NGN||Transportation for facilitators||Round-trip transportation for facilitators from their various location to the venue||Receipts were not provided|
|15th Nov. 2020||1:10 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Refreshments||Pre-event meeting expenses||20,000||NGN||Refreshments||Refreshments for meeting participants||Receipt was not provided by the vendors|
|15th Nov. 2020||3:00 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||Local recharge card vendors||Recharge cards for phone calls & internet||80,000||NGN||Wifi, recharge cards for phone calls & internet for event and mentors||Recharge cards for phone calls before and during the programs for coordination of activities and internet services at the event center||Receipts was provided by this vendor|
|17th Nov. 2020||1:00 PM WAT||Lagos, Nigeria||AD-Monseg Enterprises||Printing expenses||73,000||NGN||Printing of certificates, banner, shirts||Printing of certificates for participants, banner for event and shirts||Receipt was provided by this vendor|
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on this project is disruptive but we are glad that it's now fair compare to the year 2020.