Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning two edit-a-thons with face to face and online
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- For now, I have informed the community members about the project by e-mail and phone. I also asked some users about their suitability for possible editathon participation via Whatsapp.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- As always, I will inform the village pump first. WMTR's official telegram account and Wikipedia public account will be other notification platforms.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The majority of attendees are quality content editors. Visual and hands-on training will be provided for new participants.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- In addition to the online article creation and editing event, we are planning a face-to-face event where participants can meet and get to know each other by creating a vibrant community of Wikipedia editors. I'm planning plan to try to proportion the wide-spread anonymous contributions on the Turkish Wikipedia with in-person event and to discuss what needs to be done about this, and add it to the agenda.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- As far as I know, no event has ever been organized on the Turkish Wikipedia in the fields of environment and climate within the scope of #WikiForHumanRights. I hope this project will be one of the first experiences of our community just like Wiki Finds Cemeteries photo-walk
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 2 (1 online + 1 face-to-face event in Istanbul)
- Number of participants - 10-15 or more online and 6-7 participants in-person event
- Number of new editors - 10+
- Number of of articles created or improved - 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 8 participant
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I want to organize the project on my own initiative and personal efforts.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Awards - Gift vouchers for the winner, second runner-up and third place and also certificates for top 10 winners : USD200
- Work space/Hall - Daily meeting room rent USD200
- Food&Drinks - for the training and edit-a-thon for participants USD100
- Data scholarship - For participants who have a need for data support USD120
- Transport - Transportation costs for public transport within the city for the face-to-face editathon part USD80
- Jury - Data fee and gift card to encourage the jury - USD60
- Communication & Design - Engagement time and promotional materials USD70
- Bank fees - USD30
- Unexpected expenses - USD70
TOTAL: USD930 (Note:I would like to use the $400 unused funds from the Wiki Finds Cemeteries Turkey 2022 in this project, if possible.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!