Grants:Project/Rapid/May Hachem93/Her story international women's day event/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? 80% Yes
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events 2||Yes||One in the Greek Campus/ Cairo and the other in the Swedish Institute in Alexandria.|
|Number of participants 400 volunteers||No||We had 300 participant in Cairo's event and 40 in Alexandria's|
|Number of new editors 350 volunteers||No|
|Number of of articles created or improved 300||No||We had 255 based on the attached spread sheets (two partners were on board: 62 articles and 192 articles )|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 50 volunteers||Yes||I have a core team of 20 people + old editors who joined the campaign since its launching|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The pre editathons online sessions I gave helped with the technical part during the event.
- The quality of articles are incredible.
- The topics were to the theme of the editathon and the WikiGap campaign. I am proud to say we had many new articles on gender topics that were missing in Arabic language not only Wikipedia.
- What did not work so well?
- Blocking new users from editing although I had one of the Arabic Wikipedia admins to support, yet, until now people are facing problems.
- The technical part or (how to edit Wikipedia part) is not easy to deliver in such huge events with big numbers so probably some people are still struggling until now uploading their articles on Wikipedia.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I will give more time to learn how to edit Wikipedia before the event and during the event I will only support whoever has problems but it is really hard to produce this number of articles with this number of attendees and without the servers blocking newbies every second.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- 32 vouchers from Virgin Mega stores, they could not add them all in one receipt. So they were divided into two:
- First one 25 vouchers x 500 per each = 12,500 EGP
- Second one 7 vouchers x500 per each= 3,500 EGP
- 500 envelopes x 0.75 per each = 375 EGP
- 500 certificates x 2.5 per each= 1250 EGP
- 500 Stickers x 0.25 per each = 125 EGP
Total= 1750 EGP
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No
Anything else you want to share about your project?