Grants:Project/Rapid/Modjou/Edit-a-thon Glam-Wiki CI (Nov - Dec 2018)
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Raise awareness among Glam-Wiki actors regarding Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Add or improve content related to Côte d'Ivoire
- Attract new GLAM Partners
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will run a series of Wikipedia editathons.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The Glam CI community will be informed by e-mail and using our local GLAM-Wiki newsletter if the grant request is accepted.
- In addition, our social profiles ( Facebook page, twitter, etc.) will be used to disseminate information and invite other librarians, archivists who are not registered in the mailing list to participate.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we do have experienced trainers to lead the event. Thanks to those training we were able to run several edit-a-thons during 1Lib1Ref campaign, earlier in 2018.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants can be beginners or advanced contributors. In the case where participants have different background and skill level, we will make mixed working groups so that all participants can contribute.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- As we've always done, we're adding new contributors to the Glam CI mailing list. This list allows us to share information and maintain communication with our various Glam actors.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Before the beginning of the editathons, we will organize meetings with various Glam partners to discuss future events such as 1Lib1ref and eventual partnership opportunities.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of meeting with GLAM partners : 2
- Number of events for editathons : 2
- Number of participants for editathons: 20
- Number of new editors
- Number of articles created or improved : 20
|Expense type||Quantity||Unit price||Total (FCFA)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|For two meeting|
|Transport allowance for Glam meetings||6||20 000||120 000||212.243||The transport of three people for the two meetings and discussing with partners. with actors Glam-Wiki|
|Print tee-shirt||3||15 000||45 000||79.592||Printed t-shirt for the three members of the Glam staff. Those t-shirt will be worn during during the meetings and trainings.|
|Telephone credit for coordination||2||5 000||10 000||17.687||The allocation of the credit will be used by the coordinator and his assistant to organize the meeting with Glam actors.|
|Printing Documents||2||15 000||30 000||53.061||We are going to make some introduction documents about the Wikimedia and Wikipedia movement and the Glam-Wiki vision that will be handed over to GLAM partners during meetings and trainings.|
|Communication / Marketing|
|Printing certificates||20||500||10 000||17.687||Certificates will be granted to participants who will effectively insert at least one contribution.|
|Flyer||2||15 000||30 000||53.061||Design flyers que nous publierons sur facebook et twiter|
|Human ressources coordination|
|Telephone credit for coordination||2||20 000||40 000||70.748||The project coordinator and his assistant will use a telephone allowance to call trainers, participants and partners while preparing meetings and the 2 editathons.|
|Transport allowance for trainers||6||20 000||120 000||212.243||Transport allowance for 3 trainers during 2 sessions. This covers their taxi fees for reaching the training place and going back home.|
|Internet connection||2||70 000||140 000||247.617||Inclusive price for internet subscription during all the period|
|Transport allowance for coordinator||2||25 000||50 000||88.435||This allowance will allow the coordinator to move towards any necessary location while preparing the sessions. For example visiting the training space, setting up equipment.|
|Coffe break||2||40 000||80 000||141.496||For 2 sessions and for 13 individuals, 10 participants and 3 trainers|
|Lunch||2||80 000||160 000||282.991|
|TOTAL||835 000||1 470,95|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!