Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content on Rwandan Notable Women
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The challenge content will focus on creating new content about Notable Women in Rwanda in various sectors and improving the existing articles.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have let the community about the contest and announced it. Here is the link:
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will use our social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp groups and email as well.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- We will have a team of 4 Experienced wikipedians who will work on the selection the top winners.
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We will do offline sessions.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The wikiGap challenge is being organized in Rwanda for the 3 time
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons:
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
1 USD = 1,024.77 RWF as of 15 February
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Explanation|
|Graphical designs (Posters, flyers & banner)||1||$30||$30||This will cover the design for these materials.|
|Organizing team transport (Logistics)||4||$25||$100||This will be used for mobility and reach out during the promotion time.|
|Communication (Phone calls)||4||$20||$80||It will cover communication between the organizing team and to get participants engaged and recruited.|
|Implementation||Venue for the Opening ceremony which will begin with a dialogue||1||$100||$100||This training will be dedicated to participants to learn more about the challenge and The linkage between Gender equality and wikipedia editing|
|Food & beverages||35||$10||$350||This will be used to cover the costs for food and beverages on the full day for participants and other organizing team|
|COVID-Test||35||$7||$245||This is a requirement for people to gather in training.|
|Branded T-shirts||35||$8||$280||This will cover for WikiGap branded T-Shirts. for the participants and organizing team.|
|Pull up banner||1||$70||$70||It will cover the cost for the banner for communication.|
|Internet data||35||$10||$350||It will cover the internet cost for every participant during the contest period.|
|Transportation||35||$10||$350||This will be used to cover the costs for transportation for WIkiGap participants to be able to reach out to places where they will take photos.|
|Winners Prizes||1||$300||$300||1st Prize ($150), 2nd Prize ($80) & 3rd Prize ($70) - All will be provided in voucher cards & awards|
|Judges gifts||3||$30||$90||The judges will receive voucher cards for the appreciation.|
|VENUE||100||1||$100||INTERNET DATA (virtual closing ceremony)|
|Contingency amount||1||$55||$55||This might be used to fix any change in the exchange rate or any additional cost that may come up along the implementation.|
|Total: 2500 USD|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!