Grants:Project/Rapid/Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics on Wikidata/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Yes, I met my goals and the project went well.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events= 4||4 Events||4 online meeting were created.|
|Number of new editors= 6||8 new editors||More editors were recruited to join the program.|
|Number of articles created or improved= 50||67 improved. the link to outreach dashboard that tracked the project is https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Chuks_Zilo/Nigerian_Universities_and_Polytechnics_on_Wikidata/home||More articles were created and improved by the participants.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- All the events went well.
- What did not work so well?
- Participants did not fully understand how to participate in the project, and had a lot of questions on how to use computers in editing Wikidata.
- What would you do differently next time?
- The nature of training sessions will improved.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Payment of zoom for 4 months = $60
- Rental of work stations in cyber cafe = $400
- Food and Drinks = $480
- Payment of data = $180
- Wikidata Merchandise(T-Shirt) = $440
- Total = $1560
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No
Anything else you want to share about your project?
I was expecting 8 participants but I ended up having 13 editors that registered to participate. However 12 of them actually did the edits. Therefore I had to increase the Wikidata T Shirts from the 8 that was budgeted for to 12. I used the money in miscellaneous to do this.