Grants:Project/Rapid/Nirmal Dulal/Wiki Women Edit-a-thon 2018/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
First of all, reminder of the goals we set before the starts of the project:
- Increase number of Women participation
- Increase women's involvement in community projects
- Develop the level of Nepali Wikipedia and Nepali contents
- Promote the contribution of women related contents in Nepali and English Wikipedia
As mentioned above all the goals were been achieved within the time frame. Our team and community is happy and satisfied with the output of this project.
Outreach and Workshop
To promote the women participant in Wiki Movement, We organized Wiki Women Edit-a-thon with all women members in Organizing team. To increase number of participant we organize four outreach program in Kathmandu and one in Rajbiraj.
|Venue:||Nepal Connection, Kathmandu|
|Hosts:||Wikimedians of Nepal|
|Date:||23 June 2018|
|Time:||02:30 pm to 05:00 pm|
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|A month long inwiki edit-a-thon and 3+ outreach events||Numbers of online participation and 4 outreach Events||Target reached|
|Number of participants 50+||50+ in wiki and outreach participation||Target reached|
|Number of new participants 35+||35+ new registered users during the competition||Target reached|
|Number of estimated articles (create or improve) 400+||400+ rticle created and improved by dashboard registered users + by outreach participants||Target reached|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Well, talking about the whole competition period, almost everything’s work well as per we planned. - 4 outreach programs were organized in Kathmandu and Rajbiraj. - Large numbers of participation and contributions were achieved.
- What did not work so well?
- We were hoping for large number of women participants in this edit-a-thon but there were no women participation on doteli wikipedia.
- What would you do differently next time?
- For next programs, we'll be focusing on much advance and upgraded training and will collaborate with some women related Organizations to increase number of women participation in edit-a-thon.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|S.N.||Category||Item description||Actual total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Meet up and Planning||Food and Beverages||6,700||NPR|
|2||Outreach and Workshop||Food & Beverages, Venue||38,000||NPR|
|3||T-Shirt and Delivery||For Winners and Team Members||41,500||NPR|
|4||Printing Magic Mug||Token of Appriciations||9,600||NPR|
|5||Certificates and Gift hampers||Certificates and Gift hampers for Winners and participants||34,500||NPR|
|6||Projector on Rent||Projector for Presentation||7,500||NPR|
|7||Stationary and Other||Welcome Scarf, Sign pen, Non Plastic Bags||3,800||NPR|
|8||Prize Distribution and Refreshment||Venue, Food & Beverages||11,000||NPR||Felicitation event cost shared with Datathon 2018|
|9||Transportation||Transportation during event||10,000||NPR|
|10||Miscellaneous||Telephone, Internet and Extra operating costs||10,000||NPR|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?