Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Travel guides related to Spain and Venezuela are poorly covered on Spanish Wikivoyage; for that, a contest with the focus of writing and improving travel guides (eswikivoyage), create new articles (eswikinews) and upload new photos (commons) will be an excellent initiative for activities with the mission of inter-project collaboration.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- In order to avoid the problems of the previous contest, the way to proceed will be prepared in March. Will include, but is not limited to:
- Invite all spanish-speaker Wikimedia editors to join the contest using the corresponding mailing lists,
- Village pumps and -in case of eswikivoyage- the Wikivoyage International Bar,
- Monthly newsletter,
- Geolocated banners to advertise the contest to Wikimedia readers,
- And promote it on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) -include the eswikivoyage Twitter account and Wikimedia Small Projects Twitter account-.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Spanish Wikivoyage: The organizers each week compute the travel guides created or edited and keep track of the participants. Five points for new travel guide, two points for each 2,000 bytes added, one point for ilustrate travel guides with existing photos on Wikimedia Commons (two points if the photos are they autorship and not exist previously) and two points for creating an destination of Spain or Venezuela in another language. Challenges give prizes too. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers or for challenge's completion. Prizes are online gift cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
- Spanish Wikinews: Five points for each new article, two points if that article was related to iberoamerica. To be valid, these articles must be approved.
- Both: Challenges give prizes too. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers in each project or for challenge's completion. Prizes are online gift cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
Will be used fountain as tool for judge the content added in the contest.
4. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The first edition of NewsVoyage was launched last year with good results. Wikimedia Small Projects and the community of Spanish Wikinews will support this contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 15.
- Number of articles created or improved: 300 (150 for each project).
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Galahad: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, answer questions on contest talk page, check scores.
- Hispano76: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, answer questions on contest talk page, check scores.
- Hasley: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, answer questions on contest talk page, check scores.
- NoonIcarus: Purchase prizes, oversight.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed:
- (USD): $840: $300 for prizes ($180 for top three prizes, $120 for challenges completed), $300 for judges compensation, $100 for office hour assistance, $100 for social media promotion and $40 consisting of a 5% of the budget for contigency expenses, including transaction fees.
- (EUR) €762.18: €272.18 for prizes (€163.32 for top three prizes, €108.88 for challenges completed) and €272.18 for judges compensation, €91.63 for office hour assistance, €91.63 for social media promotion and €34.56 consisting of a 5% of the budget for contigency expenses, including transaction fees.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Galahad (sasageyo!)(esvoy) 16:52, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support MONUMENTA (talk) 16:55, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Villalaso (talk) 16:57, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Sargento - A sus órdenes 17:28, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Bromoxido (talk) 17:29, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support JOAN ~ (Questions?) 19:59, 15 February 2022 (UTC)
- Esteban (talk) 23:48, 22 March 2022 (UTC)