Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To increase contents on Wikimedia Commons , English Wikipedia,and Pidgin Wikipedia.
- To recruit professional photographers for Wikimedia Commons.
- Recruit and engage existing editors.
- To create awareness on various Wikimedia projects.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- 5 different Photowalk each day across different departments within the institution and its annex with 7 photographers.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The project will focus on taking quality pictures of the six faculties; with over 50 departments, the University Library and it's various sections, which happens to be the largest library in West Africa; the Administrative buildings; Annexes; the International Conference Center and other relevant edifices within Kwara State University, Malate.
- The pictures are of priorities because, they will help to enhance and increase visibility for Kwara State University (also known as the University for Communiity Development and Center for Entrepreneurship) related articles, and create awareness for its Library which is referred to as the largest library in West Africa situated within the institution premises.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have liaised and share this project with the Nigerian University Commission, the Vice Chancellor of the institution, Heads of Departments, Academic Board Members including the University Librarian.
- We have shared this project with the WikiProject Nigerian Community Wikiproject Nigeria
- We will share this project on our social media pages to encourage participations by using paid promotions to reach out to many of the Academic, non-Academic staff and Students of the institution.
4. How will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Participants will be communicated to via messaging apps such as WhatsApp, sending of E-mail notifications and through social media channels such as Instagram, Messenger and Facebook.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- There will be an online edit-a-thon after the photowalks to upload the images on Wikimedia commons at the hotel and also add it to corresponding Wikipedia articles.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, we have experienced photographers.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will further provide more images of Kwara State University, Malete, and the library (the largest library in West Africa) and the various faculties and departments including its annex, and also create awareness of Wikimedia projects to professionals photographers and the stakeholders within and outside the institution.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- If at least 7 photographers participated.
- If at least 250 photographs were uploaded on Wiki Commons.
- If at least 20% of the images collected are used.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Professional camera and experienced editors.
- Omolarabasirat [Project Lead], She is an experienced Wikibrarian, a student of Kwara State University, Malate of the department of Library and Information Science and a Librarian in training. She has participated in the 1lib1Ref contests, WPWP Kwara, WikiLoveAfrica, and a volunteer of Wikimedia group.
- Bukky658 [Project Advisor] Project lead for WikiGLAM Awareness for Librarian in Kwara State, she is an experienced wikibrarian, a student of Kwara State University, Malate of the department of Library and Information Science, also a Librarian in training and a fellow of the WikiAFlib Cohort 1. She has participated in series of online contests such as WPWP, WikiSDGs, WikiLoveAfrica, Wiki Activate, WikiSanta, WikiExpedition, etc.
- Linason Blessing [Communications and Publicity/Facilitator] experienced wikimedian, Winner of WPWP Kwara, and WikiData media personality in Nigeria. She is a student of Kwara State University, Malate of the department of Library and Information Science.
- ridzaina [Professional photographer] She is a seasoned Wikipedian and a member of the Unilorin Wikimedia Fan Club. She has participated in a number of editathons, including WikiLovesSDGsKwara (Winner), Arts+Feminism, WikiLovesAfrica, WikiExpedition, Wikidata for Media Personalities, and WikiGlam Awareness for Librarians in Kwara State.
- Abiodun_2512 Student of Kwara State and Professional photographer.
- Unofficiallummy Student of Kwara State and Professional Photographer.
- BJ 77 Professional Photographer.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Transportation for photographers
|This is the cost of the car (and fuel)to be hire which will convey the photographers from their various destination to the institution and it annexes including other local runnings for the 5 days.
|Food and drinks
|This will cover the feeding and refreshment for the 5 days during the photowalk for the photographers.
|This is important for identification and uniformity as it will also help for access during the photowalk.
|Data allowance during the upload session
|This is the cost of data for each of the 5 photographers to upload their various images.
|This is cost of accommodation for 4 nights with 2 photographers sharing a room making 2 rooms.
|For graphic designing, paid promotions and advertisements on various social media platforms.
|For calls, bank charges or any logistics cost.
|Grand Total (with contingency cost): NGN 700,000 (USD 1,701.87 )
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
' This project will create visibility for the Kwara State University Library and other important departments on Wiki Commons and provide Wikipedia users with accurate photos of the Library James Rhoda (talk)
' This project will improve access to photos of kwara state university and open access to more pictures of the institution and it's library as the largest in West Africa. Abiodun 2512 (talk) 7:43, 20 October 2021 (UTC)