Grants:Project/Rapid/OtuNwachinemere/Introduction of Wikipedia to Baze University Abuja/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes i am, despite having a major unexpected drawback but overall, i am happy with the execution of the project.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events = 2||2|
|Number of participants = 30||98+||The University somehow sent out more invitations to over 60 other prospective participants made up of staff and students. No explanation was provided as to why.|
|Number of new editors = 20+||36||We would've had more registrations but due to an IP block which also affected editing. Also, we did not prepare for that number of participants.|
|Number of of articles created or improved = 10||20|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? Generally, the core aspect of the training went smoothly. Though, i am certain, if we had more time, we could have achieved more.
- What did not work so well? The sudden increase of participants was an unexpected surprise. I only got to know on the morning of the event.
- What would you do differently next time? Insist on a list of participants pre training and also ensure they are registered before the training day.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Internet costs -NGN45,100 - $110
- Local transport -NGN36,900 - $90
- Food for participants - NGN246,000 - $600
- Food for facilitators - NGN20,500 - $50
- Accommodation - NGN57,400 - $140
- Merch & Swag (Stickers and Shirts) - NGN41,000 - $100
- Participant packs - NGN53,300 - $130
- Publicity (fliers and banner) - NGN18,450 - $45
- Hand sanitisers & Nose masks - NGN22,550 - $55
- Certificates - NGN28,700 - $70
Total = NGN569,900 = $1390
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, $25. I would like to use the remaining funds on a similar project, if approved. Thanks.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
The University requested a copy of my report so I have created a project page here. Also, it will help me keep track of all future engagements.