- You can also read a recent general promotion campaign application, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- We have been invited to attend a national book fair called “Book Buffet” as representatives of Shan Wikipedia. We plan to print promotional materials related to Shan Wikipedia explaining what the project is and how we are building it as volunteers. There will also be a call to action to join the Shan Wikipedia. We also plan to give instant training to people on how to use Wikipedia from mobile. Interested people can also learn to contribute to Shan Wikipedia as we will have a few laptops and volunteers to execute that.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have already notified the Shan Wikipedia community (include link) and two volunteers have already shown interest to participate in the book fair.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- No, this is our first time. We plan to experiment with both the print materials as well as instant trainings.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- We plan to analyze the effectiveness of the project to bring in new readers and contributors. We are hoping to educate around 100 people on using Shan Wikipedia and at-least 5 out of them to contribute to Shan Wikipedia. We plan to visit more such events in the future as well upon successful completion.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached - 100
- New editors - 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Example (Experience in producing multimedia content)
- User:Example2 (Experience in Theatre and Filmmaking)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Printing costs - 200 USD
- Transportation - 100 USD (20 USD per person)
- Swag for organizers - 50 USD (5 t-shirts)
- Contingency - 100 USD
Total = 450 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!