Please see the related sample meeting report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Increase skills for existing editors
1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Active editors from our user group want to have a monthly meetup for a variety of reasons. Each month the meetup will have a particular focus that will be determined on our mailing list. Some of the topics we will focus on will be, planning projects for the coming year, doing a workshop on how to use Wikidata or other projects, or taking a tour of a museum or monument and maybe doing a training on conflict management. We also want to host the monthly meetups so that our community has a chance to socialize offline. We find that meeting offline for social events helps us collaborate better on Wiki projects.
2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- We did a training meetup focused on writing skills last year that was hosted by the Institute for Easy Reading. Two editors were able to improve 4 articles to 'GA' class after the meetup.
3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- We invite people on our mailing list, post notices on the Village Pump, and update our Facebook group.
4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- We will follow-up on our mailing list and social media networks.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Our user group has been organizing meetings and events for the last year. However, with better planning and more resources, we hope to provide regular training, editing, and social activities to support our growing communities. Regular events will help build a sense of community and meet the needs of our more experienced editors.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the following measures of success and feel free to add more:
- Number of total participants: 40
- Number of events: 12
- Number of people who will help organize meetings: 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We currently have 4 Wikimedians who are very active in organizing off-wiki activities (list usernames and what role they will play) and planning the agenda for the meetups. We would like to to recruit at least 1-2 more Wikimedians to help spread the work around.
We can typically meet in a space for free -- either a local library, non-profit, communal working space, or cafe.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list each expense and include a total amount. Mostly, we need resources for food and beverage for our meetups. We expect about 10 people to come to each meetup.
- Food & beverage = $7/meetup x 10 people x 12 meetups = 840 USD
- Bus/train tickets to reimburse participants for travel to/from meeting (if needed) = $4 x 10 people x 12 = $480
- Contingency funds = $150
Total: 1,470 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!