Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add details to each goal.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1.What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
I am a psychology professor from Duke University planning to attend the Southeastern Symposium on Mental Health May 18-19, 2018 in Greenville, South Carolina.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
Yes. I will be presenting my research on health delivery and disparities to the conference attendees.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
I will be reaching out to colleagues through mailing lists and conference communication outlet to let them know of both my presentation and follow-up editathon.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
I have communicated with conference organizers of my interest to lead a follow-up editathon. They have included it in the conference program as well as their conference app. Additionally, I will be letting people know at the end of my presentation how they can get involved with Wikimedia projects starting with my outreach activity.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
I will have a sign-up sheet at the session to gather contact information and follow-up with participants.I also plan to attend the pre-conference meet and greet so I can start networking with conference attendees before formal sessions start.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
I plan to organize a virtual roundtable with partners interested in learning more about wikimedia projects. Based on the interest I will think about a follow-up in person meeting with interested parties.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of presentation attendees: 100
- Number of new potential partners: 5
- Number of outreach activity participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 5
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding. I have been a wikipedian since 2009 and have led three editathons with students on campus. Additionally, the conference organizers have reserved one of the conference rooms for my outreach activity free of charge.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Flight from Durham to Greenville = $200
- Accommodation = 3 nights x $160 = $480
- Miscellaneous supplies = $100 (Printing worksheets, Wikimedia pins and stickers)
Total = 780 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!