Grants:Project/Rapid/Prabhune rajendra/San Francisco - Radio Interview & Presentation
Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- Encourage new editors to contribute mainly in Regional Wikimedia projects
- Encourage new editors to do correctional, complementary and small contributory edits
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- a) My Radio Interview:
- Program: 'Soft Biz' program at KZSU Stanford 90.1 FM, (Stanford University Radio station, San Francisco.)
- Recording Date: 21 Apr 2018, Time: 10:10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Broadcasting Date: 25 July 2018, Time: 11 AM US California Time
- Audience: Listeners of Stanford University Radio: Students and people in and around university campus
- After broadcasting on 25th July 2018, it was publicly published and shared in Social Media
- It was to create an awareness about various Wikimedia Projects and to motivate potential editors to work mainly for regional Wikidata Projects. Platform like Radio can reach large masses of people and therefore one of the best platforms for outreach programs.
- b) My Presentation at iGurukul foundation: It is an Indian (mainly Oriya) organization in Bay Area, San Francisco.
- Presentation Subject: ‘Why One Should Contribute in Regional Wikipedia.’ by me.
- Presentation Date: 12 May 2018, Time: 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- Audience: Students and Members of I Gurukul Foundation.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes. At both events.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Creating awareness about Wikimedia projects
- Clarifying misconceptions
- Finding out reasons why many people are reluctant to contribute in Wikimedia projects
- Motivating them to contribute, mainly in regional Wikimedia projects and
- Elaborating on what they can contribute
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- I contacted the organizers by e-mail and on phone and they organized the programs
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- iGurukul Foundation, San Francisco and Maharashtra Mandals at San Francisco and Tampa, USA
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- Personal interaction before, during and after interview and Personal interaction with various regional groups
- Feedback from Radio Audience is difficult.
- I am planning to Contact with previous participants and members of the other groups personally, on phone and e-mails and to find out the possibilities to organize participatory workshops on "How to contribute in Wikimedia projects and during my next visit.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 25-30. Number of radio program listeners - ?
- Number of new potential partners: Other Indian regional Groups and organizations in and around San Francisco and Tampa, USA
- Number of outreach activity participants: 2
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved:
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
- Radio station studio reservation, equipment and other charges - by “Stanford University's radio station - KZSU Stanford 90.1FM”
- Breakfast and lunch (on the day of radio recording) - By Organizers "Soft Biz' Program
- Hall and sitting arrangement for Presentation - By iGurukul Foundation, Fremont, USA.
- LCD Projector - By iGurukul Foundation, Fremont, USA.
- Audio system & speakers etc. - By iGurukul Foundation, Fremont, USA.
- Refreshment for participants - By iGurukul Foundation, Fremont, USA.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Residence at Wai (Maharashtra, India) to Pune and back - (INR 3500/-) US$ - 55/-
- Pune to Mumbai and back - Taxi - (INR 6000/-) US$ - 90/-
- Air Fare - Mumbai-San Francisco-Tampa-Mumbai - (INR 82500/-) US$ - 1200
- San Francisco Airport to San Jose Residence and back - US$ - 50/-
- San Jose Residence to Stanford University Radio Station and back - US$ 30/-
- San Jose Residence to iGurukul Foundation, Fremont and back - US$ 30/-
- Total = 1455 US$
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!