Grants:Project/Rapid/Presenting the results of researches on Wikipedia quality at Wiki-Сonference 2018 in Saint Petersburg
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- improvement of methods of creating high quality content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The quality of information on Wikipedia may vary depending on the topic and the language version. If we learn how to automatically determine the the best language version of the particular article (or even part of the article), it can simplify the task of enriching less developed language editions of the Wikipedia. During the presentation, measures that can be extracted from Wikipedia's articles for the automatic evaluation of content quality in different languages will be briefly presented. These measures can be relevant to various quality dimensions, such as completeness, reliability, up-to-dateness, readability and others. In addition, measures for assessing the data quality in the infobox will be presented. Methods and sources for the extraction of measures will also be discussed briefly.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Facebook, Twitter and other websites
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Improvement of the quality models.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
- New scientific publications, improvement of relevant online services, some publications in open access.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Results of the researches, experience in data mining
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Travel cost - 250$
- Accommodation - 250$
- This is very actual topic. We are interested in the arrival of this member. Unfortunately, this year Wikimedia RU does not have funds for granting travel grants. Paul Kaganer, member of Russian Wiki-Сonference 2018 committee --Kaganer (talk) 13:06, 31 August 2018 (UTC)