Grants:Project/Rapid/Project Wiki Drug
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content on drugs and it's effects
- Training some Drug Free Advocates of the University of Ilorin on how to contribute to Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are having series' of 3 editathons in llorin during the period under review.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have spoken with members of the Wikimedia Community, co-members at the University of Ilorin, Kwara state Nigeria and Drug Free Advocates in Ilorin, and they have shown interest in participating in the proposed event. The proposal has been announced on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_User_Group_Nigeria, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Nigeria
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We am presently working out an awareness on social media to drive members of the University of Ilorin towards participating in the event.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes, We have experienced Wikipedians from Wikimedia Fan Club University of Ilorin with over a year experience in contributing to Wikipedia along side other Wikimedia project.They have given their support in collaborating with me in leading the event.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participant are encouraged to come with their internet enabled device. We shall be helping with power source through out the event.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will be added to a WhatsApp Platform to engage participants on issues related to content created during the event.
- We will send a post-event questionnaire and invite editors to our support group
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will help the Wikimedia community at Ilorin to increase the knowledge scope on Drugs and it's effect by increasing free knowledge on Drug related subjects
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 3 events
- Number of participants : 30 participants
- Number of new editors : 10 new editors
- Number of of articles created or improved : 100 articles
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 5 participants
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We shall be supporting the project with
- Pheritenom Project Lead and Organizer
- Bilijin Training Co-ordinator. The Lead, Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin.
- Timmylegend Organizer Protocol
Participants are to bring along their own laptops and Internet devices. We shall support them with internet access.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
EVENT (3 Days)
• Venue = N120,000 | $292.94
• Rental (Camera,Projector and screen) = N25,000 | $61.03
• Refreshment = N137,000 | $334.45
Participants and Facilitators 35 pieces
• Jotters, Pens and Stickers. = N47,000 | $114.74
• Certificate = N16,000 | $39.10
• Branding and Banner = N65,000 | $158.68
• Social media awareness = N5,000 | $12.21
• Internet Subscription(3 edit a thon event) = N60,000 | $146.47
• Prizes for Top Editors = N75,000 | $183.10
Contingency (Covid – 19 Protocol material, Print out, communication, SMS unit etc.) = N45,000 | $109.86
Total N595,000 | $ 1452.53
- Forex rate used is $1 = N409.63, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria and used by banks
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
Support This will be a perfect example of sustainable development goal 17, partnership for the goals which will provide a platform to recruit and develop young and vibrant editors who will be contributing their quota in achieving sustainable development goal 3,Good health and wellbeing. PhosFaith (talk) 3:15, 19 July 2021 (UTC)