Grants:Project/Rapid/Richest Kid/Open Festival 2.0
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- This year we are looking at having twenty (20) photo walks/tours. Team would be having ten (10) participant on each walk.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority? This year we have decided to increase our coverage of Open Festival Project. We are looking at covering various Traditional festival as we did last year and also add current entertainment festival to it. The reason why we have decided to add our entertainment to the open festival project is because most of the artist are not found or under-represented on wikicommons, if you come across their images on commons then it’s a few.
The table engages you with the list of tours/photwalk we would be doing
|Traditional Festival||Entertainment Festival|
|Kwahu Easter||3 Music Awards Festival|
|Aboakyere||Ghana Music Awards Festival|
|Homowo Festival[Teshie, Nunguaa, Gamashie Townships]|
|Chale Wote||And others|
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- After taken pictures or images captured after the tour/walk, the team with the volunteers would be engaged in an upload session where most of the images would be uploaded on the open festival project page on wikicommons and also articles would be created to upload some of the images
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participant engaged in the project have the necessary skills and equipment need for the project
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants = 10
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons = 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects = about 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Richest Kid - Project Lead
- Jwale2 - Assistant
- Leooney - Camera Lead
- NanaYawBotar - Volunteer lead
- Tour/Festival Guide : Would lead or guide us during the project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Items||Unit Price (GHC)||Quantity||Amount (GHC)||Comment|
|Transporation||400||10||4000||Transportation to regions where festivals are underway|
|Food||200||10||2000||Food for the team and volunteers|
|Internet||2000||Internet for seven month of the project|
|Accommodation||4||1500||For relaxation after during the project|
|Camera Rental||Flat rate||1000||Used for the whole duration of the project|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I endorse this project because last year it was an exciting photowalk and this year it is going to be at different level.Leooney (talk) 17:03, 12 February 2020 (UTC)