Grants:Project/Rapid/Sakhalinio/Art+Feminism 2020 Turkey
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors particularly women in Turkey, connect different communities and networking.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Add or improve content increase visibility for women in Wikimedia Projects.
- Popularization of Turkish Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning to organize 1 event in women day week, 2 events with Swedish and US Embassies, 1 event with Women society in Istanbul. We will hold a training course with the participants of the action and learn how to work with them. On this and other platforms (including online), we will encourage new participants to work in Wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We organized 2016 and 2017 with Art+Feminism member Yağmur this type of events. She is radio programmer on Açık Radyo. Also we will use WMTR Twitter and Facebook account. We have planned meetups every Tuesday, we will inform our all volunteers. We will use Embassies network For Embassies events.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- We organized 2 times with Yağmur. We organized many times University training events. We are also organizing WikiTuesday every Tuesday.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All existing Wikipedia participants have all the necessary skills and technical devices to participate in the competition. New participants if they do not have the necessary skills, we will help them and conduct lessons for them. Also, we will make list related women articles before events. We will introduce Wikimedia project all participant, and support to contributor while a edit-a-thon.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Previously send to welcome message and thanks on Wikimedia projects. We will invite to Facebook and Twitter account. And create Telegram, Whatsapp group for communicate with participant after events.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- As you know Wikipedia was ban last 2,5 years. We will be more active after ban and growth Wikimedia projects Turkish language.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 4
- Number of participants 4x20=80
- Number of new editors more than 50
- Number of of articles created or improved 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Art+Feminism member Yağmur and 2-3 more Wikipedian. Venue will be Kadın Eserleri Kütüphanesi ve Bilgi Merkezi Vakfı. Our volunteer team will assist with content-resources, training manuals as well as coordinate with local Wikimedia user group.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food, Drink & hospitality : 708₺*4=2832₺ $120*4=480
- Miscellaneous supplies (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.) : 177₺*4=708₺ $30*4=120
- Promotional materials: 472₺*4=1888₺ $80*4=320
- Transportation : 236₺*4=944₺ $40*4=160
- Polos for trainers : 177₺*4=708₺ $30*4=120
- Stickers for participants : 413₺*4=1652₺ $70*4=280
- Rent of DSLR Photo equipment : DSLR 295₺*4=1180₺ $50*4=200
- Prizes for 3 outstanding editors:
- gift card : 177₺*4=708₺ $30*4=120
- mugs : 295₺*4=1180₺ $50*4=200
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!