Grants:Project/Rapid/Sakhalinio/Wikipedia 20 anniversary Turkey
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- We are planning to organize a meeting where we'll invite our partners we had worked and organized edit-a-thons with during the year (Art&Feminism Turkey, OpenStreetMap Turkey, Creative Commons Turkey, Teyit.org, Pera Museum, Imece Platform, Başlangıç Noktası, SU Gender etc.), as well as our education programs partners (the academicians who gave Wikipedia assignments in their courses). In the meeting we are willing to celebrate the new age of Wikipedia and brainstorm for 2021-2022 yearly events. We are also planning an edit-athon with the participation of mainly active users. We would like to ask them to write new articles as a gift for the 20th birthday of Wikimedia and send small gifts (promotional materials) for the contributors.
- We also would like invite internet users to give a birthday gift to Wikipedia by contributing to articles. We would like to guide the newcomers online with the help of community members who are from the new mentor team. We would like to promote this campaign by social media.
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, we have. We expect the participation from the active editors but we also have experienced editors to lead new editors.
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- We have experienced many contributors within the community and yes the participants have experience in contributing and the new ones will be guided.
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- Wikimedia Turkey Telegram group
- Wikimedia Turkey mailing list
- All Wikimedia Turkey social media channels
- SiteNotice on Turkish Wikipedia
- Personal invitation to contacts in our partners list.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- We will engage the participants through the telegram group and put all the pictures and videos on Wikimedia Turkey social media accounts and also on Wikimedia Commons.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We are planning online event
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are doing this for the celebration of the Wikipedia birthday for the first time here. We would like to focus on honouring the active contributors and our partners who have not stopped contributing and supporting projects during the Wikimedia block and in the first year after the block.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants:30
- Number of new participants:10
- Number of people who will help organize the event:3
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable):~30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable):~50
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable):~20
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Pin & button badge : 2000₺ $270
- Polos for organizers : 80₺*10=800₺ $10*10=$100
- Stickers for participants & for promotion : 1500₺ $200
- Wikipedia pens & notepads: 750₺ $100
- Social media Ad Campaign = 1000₺ $130
- Unforeseen expenses 500₺ $70
- Postal expenses for participants 750₺ $100
- Possible VAT tax 1000₺ $130
- Online meeting expense (for yearly) 1450₺ $200
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.
- I am certain the Turkish Wikipedia community will benefit from this project. Khutuck (talk) 19:20, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Support e.c. 21:02, 14 November 2020 (UTC)