Grants:Project/Rapid/TRahman/Administrative expenses for Wikimedia community in Bangladesh
- Sustainability of the community
- Providing technical resources to community
- Ensuring resources for community to do wiki events
- Standardizing community and organizational management
- Improving outreach in areas yet to reach
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will start with finishing our pending legal necessities that need to be done at RJSCF for the legal sustainability of the Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation. That means, paying the incurred fees imposed by the registration authorities (Joint Stock Companies of Bangladesh), audit reports, etc. We will also make sure we have enough resources for our community and its members to do meetings, workshops, and seminars that relate to Wikimedia Bangladesh’s goals and targets.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We will let others know by announcement to our public email lists, our quarterly published magazine, and of course on our websites and social media accounts. One of our primary target audiences is providing resources to community members who are not capable of organizing wiki workshops and outreach events on their own.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We will follow-up with the technical/online resources we developed under this grant. We will make sure they can use the resources repeatedly in need.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Increase of members
- Increase in local Wikimedia communities and groups under Wikimedia Bangladesh
- Increase of total number of wiki events (meetings, seminars/workshops, outreach events, etc.)
- Increasing member retention
|BDT subtotal: 164,935.60|
USD subtotal: 1,946.24 (BDT 1 = USD 0.0118)
EUR subtotal: 1,725.15 (1 USD = EUR 0.8864)
|01||Updating the legal necessities on RJSCF||684.40|
|02||Printing leaflets, brochures, pad, money receipts, visiting cards||123.90|
|04||Web hosting from SiteGround (for 3 years)||548.00|
|05||DNS hosting service (for 2 years)||176.00|
|06||Advanced Anti-spam filter (for 2 years)||30.00|
|07||SSL certificate (Comodo Positive SSL)||108.00|
|08||Membership management web extension||80.00|
|09||MiFi router with 3G connectivity||58.76|
- Support It is easy for me to support this modest administrative request of Wikimedia Bangladesh. I have talked with chapter organizers for years. My biggest complaint is that the chapter is overly modest about their impact and in requesting funds. I know that this community organizes great projects and has an impact and if a little more money would bring more impact faster then I wish they can have it. At least this rapid grant is appropriate for sustaining the community. I can vouch for regular engagement. I recently supported a Wikimedia medicine outreach project to Bangladesh as mentioned at Grants:Project/Rapid/offline Wikipedia in Moria/Report and if there were not a Wikimedia community already in Bangladesh then there would be less opportunity for international collaborations to happen. I know that in rapid grants the usual focus is on direct impact rather than administration of a chapter, but this chapter has is programming and they need the admin to make it work. If they need $2000 for now then let it happen because that medicine project made it worth that much, plus they do all their own national programs on their own. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:45, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support The financial support is indeed needed for the chapter's immediate administrative necessities. Tanweer (talk) 14:10, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support I strongly SUPPORT this grant. This grant could make or break Wikimedia Bangladesh. To continue official work this grant is very much needed. As i'm working in team I know current situation. This grant will bring energetic vibe in Wikimedia Bangladesh. Sufe (talk) 19:25, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support ~Moheen (keep talking) 03:26, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support This grant is very urgent for the chapter to move forward.-Masum-al-Hasan (talk) 14:25, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support Rafaell Russell (talk) 05:30, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support This grant will pave the way for the community to accelerate in the forward direction. ANKAN (talk) 15:09, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support Jayantanth (talk) 19:22, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 04:40, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- I hope they will chose to scale up their activities in future, they do really great projects John Cummings (talk) 09:32, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support and it is urgent Mmrsafy (talk) 14:59, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support and it is urgent Habib Rabbi (talk) 15:11, 16 November 2018 (UTC)