Grants:Project/Rapid/Tochiprecious/Igbo Wikipedia Ejiri mara ndi Igbo
|Main page||First Event||Second Event||Third Event||Fourth Event|
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- The Project will also give existing Editors who are motivated to edit through editathons the opportunity to do so.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning a series of 3 edit-a-thons over 4 months
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We will use Social Media to call for new volunteers that would be trained. Offline Discussions and Meetings with existing Igbo Language Editors and some new prospects have been done. They are looking forward to the project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Yes we have experienced editors who can also help in the training of new editors like:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Participants already have Personal Computers. They will be provided with Internet data that will be used during the editathon.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- WhatsApp Group
- Face to face mentoring
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
This Project is really necessary to help increase the number of Articles on Igbo Language Wikipedia and also add contents on Igbo cultural heritage which doesn't exist on the Igbo Language Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3
- Number of participants: 10 (minimum number of Participants expected per Event)
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
We have 5 experienced Igbo Language Wikimedians who will be involved in the, implementation and management of this Project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $210 x 3 Events = $630
- Space Rental = $125 x 3 Events = $375
- Internet for Editors = $58.3 x 3 Events = $175
- Logistics & Miscellaneous supplies (printing, flyers etc.) = 83.3
Total = 946.6 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!