Grants:Project/Rapid/UG-GE/Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in Georgia/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? We are half satisfied with this project, as we have halfway achieved our goals. The main problem with the project was that there were very few interested people who would participate in the competition. Due to this reason, the number of uploaded photos on Commons is lower than the number we expected.
- In short, our goals:
- To engage new and existing members of the community: we attracted new and old contestants (13 old & 9 new).
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of national parks, protected areas and nature of Georgia to Wikimedia Commons: during the contest, more than 300 new photos were uploaded.
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Georgia: we actively disseminated information about the competition and Wikimedia projects using social media.
- To contribute to nature protection by raising public awareness: with the help of this competition we are trying to increase interest in the protection of nature.
- Improve the quality of Wikipedia articles: we are actively trying to use uploading to commons images in Wikipedia articles.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 10-20||22||satisfied.|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 400-500||320||lower than we expected.|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 40-60||18||we are working to improve|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The entire project process went without problems. We provided timely assistance to all participants and also actively summarized the project.
- What did not work so well?
- Unfortunately, we were not able to interest many new participants and interest in the contest fell. For this reason, the number of uploaded photos during the contest was lower than we expected.
- What would you do differently next time?
- After that we decided to conduct such contests as "Wiki Loves Earth" to conduct once every two years. We think this will help increase the number of new competitors and during this time we will be able to actively promote this project.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|#||Category||Description||Unit||cost (GEL)||cost total (USD)|
|1||Vouchers||For winners||4||- ₾ (GEL)||700.00 $ (USD)|
|2||Souvenirs||For participants (branded mugs)||20||200 ₾ (GEL)||71.50 $ (USD)|
|3||Calendars, stickers and images printing||-||-||545.00 ₾ (GEL)||187.00 $ (USD)|
|4||Bank fees||For service||-||2.36 ₾ (GEL)||0.5 $ (USD)|
|Actual cost grand total||959.00 $ (USD)|
Total project budget: 959.00 $ (USD)
Total amount requested from WMF: 1.045.00 $ (USD)
Total amount received from WMF: 1.048.00 $ (USD)
Total amount spent on the project: 959.00 $ (USD)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes: 89 $ (USD)
Images from Award Ceremony
Anything else you want to share about your project?