Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
Hight priority goals:
- Recruit new content
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects and values
- Expand network of potential partners
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- World Congress of Esperanto is annual gathering of Esperanto speakers (both movement activists and community members), quite similar in principle to Wikimania.As so, it is great place to get in in-person contact with Esperanto speakers from all around the planet. This will facilitate dissemination of information about the photo competition ‘’Wiki Loves ZEOs’’ (objects named after Esperanto and its iniciator Dr. Zamenhof). Effective dissemination is crucial for the competition, because it is its first time to run and people eed to know about it.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes, presentation is the main activity of this project.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Presentation with Q&A session.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- We plan stratified outreach by several channels:
- the information about the presentation, and so about the competition, will appear in the official program and consequently in the congress book, website and eventually in the local program board;
- information about the presentation and the competition will be send to the “Congress courier” - the daily congres newspaper available for the participants (and hopefully on the Internet);
- before and during the congress we will inform about the presentation on social media of Esperanto Wikimedia movements entities;
- we plan to ask the congress organisers for additional recruiting for the presentation in advance by their email and social media;
- we will publish announcement of the presentation on the participants’ information board in the congress;
- during “Movement Market” (table presentation of movement entities) we will show poster about the project and, the presentation, sing-up form for email reminder about the competition and small swag (stickers, pins);
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- The presentation and the related outreach activities are designed for general audience. Specific targeting is planed for the umbrella project Vikio Amas ZEOjn.
- Beside the main project, there will be networking about side project. The project’s goal is to simplify the way to free one’s own content under free licence under specific conditions (like “20 years after death” and similar).
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- During presentation itself and during “Movement Market” we will provide a sing-up form for email reminder and small swag (stickers, pins). After the presentation we will add the collected emails to the mailing list for announcements of our User Group ‘’Esperanto and Free Knowledge’’ (or eventually to the specific group in our email marketing tool, if we will use it in that time) and several times inform them about the competition.
- In longer run, we will use these contact for informing them about another activities of their interest (another competitions, editing challenges, trainings, presentations etc).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 120
- Number of new potential partners: 5
- Number of outreach activity participants: 800
- Number of new editors: applicable for the related project Vikio Amas ZEOjn
- Number of articles created or improved: applicable for the related project Vikio Amas ZEOjn
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
- Project team:
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Participation fee: 60
- Travel: 290
- Accomodation: 200 EUR (8x25)
- Room rent: 200 EUR
- swag, informational materials: 420 EUR (120 EUR (400 leaflets) + 300 EUR (1000 badges))
- the amount is intentionally higher than planned for the specific event, so the price per piece can be smaller; the rest will be available for the future
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses), 10%: 120 EUR
- total: 1290 EUR
- (re)tweets and Facebook shares from Wikimedia social account will be appreciated
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!