Grants:Project/Rapid/UG GE/The Women You Have Never Met 2018 in Georgia/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- We were able to fully achieve our goals and are satisfied with the result, I will say this in detail:
- Recruit new editors: in total, approximately twenty contestants 9 were new users, this is the result that we wanted to see.
- Increase skills for existing editors: We were able already existing participants to increase the level of skills in Wikipedia. Since the beginning of the contest, 3 of the participants have received the status of autopatrated from the administrators of the Georgian Wikipedia.
- Create new articles about women: During the contest, more than 80 new articles about women in Wikipedia were created.
- Popularization of Georgian Wikipedia: At the end of the contest, new participants of the project became interested in Wikipedia and continue to work in it.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 15-25||~20||The number of participants has pleased us, this is what we expected.|
|Number of new editors: 5-10||9||A satisfactory number|
|Number of of articles created or improved: 40-50||click: 85||The number of articles created exceeded our expectations, we are very pleased.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- We were able to interest new participants with our contest and during this competition we were joined by about 9 new editors.
- The number of articles created during the contest exceeded our expectations, the contestants created 35 articles more than we expected from the beginning.
- Social media in many ways has played to our advantage and we, with the help of social media, were able to attract new participants.
- What did not work so well?
- Unfortunately we could not contact one of the winners, since it is not active in Wikipedia, and there are no contact details (even the mail was not associated with the Wikipedia account).
- What would you do differently next time?
- The next time we will be more vigilant with the contact details of the contest participants.
- We will also consider in more detail the funds that we need, since this time we forgot to write the resources for paper matters.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|#||Category||Description||Unit||cost (USD)||cost total|
|1||Prize||First category||1||100 $||100 $|
|2||Prize||Second category||1||75 $||75 $|
|3||Prize||Third category||1||50$||0 $|
|4||Paper matters||confirmation forms and Certificate||-||7.5 ₾||3 $|
|5||Online advertising||(on Facebook)||1||15 $||15 $|
|Actual cost grand total||193 $|
Total project budget: 193 $ (USD)
Total amount requested from WMF: 245 $ (USD)
Total amount received from WMF: 236 $ (USD)
Total amount spent on the project: 193 $ (USD)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? 43 $ (USD) in unspent funds.
The winner of the competition in the first category.
The winner of the competition in the second category.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- oanda.com (30 April 2018)