Grants:Project/Rapid/UG HI/Hindi Wiki awareness workshop 2019
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Attract, aware and add new editors.
- Establish Wikimedia as a reliable source of information and research among Academia.
- Add high quality and improve existing content on Hindi Wikipedia.
- Add, proofread & transclude books on Hindi Wikisource.
- Add and improve content on Hindi Wiktionary.
- Add and improve books on Hindi Wikibooks.
- Recruit new editors and train them with the help of existing editors.
- Improve inter-connectivity among different users and projects of Hindi Wikimedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will organize 4 Workshops in 4 prime educational institutions at college/university level. The Workshops will focus on establishing Wikimedia as a reliable and inclusive source of information and research among academicians. We Will encourage students and faculties to use Wikipedia and its sister projects in their daily academic affairs. We will provide them training to become quality contributor. We will also run contest for these new users just after awareness and training workshop to insure their active participation at initial level. We, as a part of sysops team and Hindi Wikimedians User Group, believe that these workshops and contest will be a great pull factor to meet our desired goals.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We have a fair practice to notify all important information on village pump of all Hindi Wikimedia projects. Besides this, we have many contact groups on different social platforms like Facebook, Whats-app, Hangout, Telegram etc. We will also invite Hindi Wiki conference 2019 participants to join the contest by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will send emails about the contest to our mailing list which include anyone who has attended an event in the past. We will also use site-notice and geolocated banners to advertise the contest to local Wikimedia users.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of This project We will have done-
- Aware students and faculties of various colleges about Hindi Wikipedia and it’s sister projects.
- recruit and trained new users and editors on various Hindi wiki projects.
- enhance various wiki projects by adding quality content.
We will give special attention to follow-up, that’s why we've added a contest to proposed Workshops. Trained students and faculties will be added in a relevant social media platform and motivated regularly to use and enhance Wikimedia. It will increase/improve readership of various projects itself.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of participants = 200
- Number of new editors addition = 150
- Number of articles created or improved on Hindi Wikipedia = 100
- Number of books/chapter created or improved on Wikibooks = 10
- Number of Pages created or proofread on Wikisource = 300
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons = 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
|user||present status||roll in event|
|अनिरुद्ध!||(contact person of Hindi Wikimedians User Group, Admin on Hindi Wikipedia and Wikisource):||Primary contact, correspondence with WMF and logistic|
|संजीव कुमार||(contact person of Hindi Wikimedians User Group, Admin on Hindi Wikipedia ):||Chief trainer and resource person|
|हिंदुस्थान वासी||(contact person of Hindi Wikimedians User Group, Admin on Hindi Wikipedia):||Contest organizer & communicator within community and event page creator|
|अजीत कुमार तिवारी||(Admin on Hindi Wikipedia and Wikisource):||member of jury for Contest, trainer|
|नीलम||Most active editor in Hindi Wikisource||trainer for girls college, responsible for narrowing gender gap|
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|number||subject.||Qty||Rate in INR||Total (INR||Total (US Dollars)||Remarks|
|1||Venue and Conference rooms||4||5,325.00||21,300.00||300||Conference halls/$75/ each for 4 workshop|
|2||high tea||200||284.00||56,800.00||800||high tea ($4/person) for 200 persons|
|3||swag materials||200||142.00||28,400.00||400||Wiki mementos, stickers, folder, notepad etc for 200 participants|
|4||printing||4||2,840.00||11,360.00||160||pamphlet, poster, proceeding etc|
|5||Contest prizes||1||7,100.00||7,100.00||100||1st $20, 2nd $15, 3rd $10, 10 prizes for good contributors $5 each|
|6||Telecom and Internet Cost||4||2130||8,520.00||120||Internet and calls cost for workshop participants and LOC members during the event|
|7||Project Management (Postage cost, T&T for meetings, food during meetings, etc.)||4||1,420.00||5,680.00||80||This item will focus on every activities involved in the planning and execution of the event eg. periodic meeting & refreshment etc.|
|8||contingency||1||2,840.00||2,840.00||40||any sudden cost|
|total||=||=||142,000.00||2,000.00||total project cost|
- Support Prongs31 06:25, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Raju Jangid (talk) 12:09, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Muzammil (talk) 17:50, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Ashok Talk 16:19, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Ahmed Nisar (talk) 05:35, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Sushma Sharma (talk) 04:45, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Projects like these are very important for the Hindi Community and must be promoted Innocentbunny TALK 12:08, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -Nilesh shukla (talk) 12:36, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Wikilover90 (talk) 19:53, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --शिखर तिवारी (talk) 12:20, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --हृषिकेश कुमार सिंह (talk) 08:01, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Nawaraj Ghimire (talk) 14:56, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Much needed workshops to spread the awareness. --अजीत कुमार तिवारी (talk) 12:58, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --सौरभ तिवारी 05 (talk) 13:17, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support --कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) ९:२८, १८ फ़रवरी २०२० (UTC)