Grants:Project/Rapid/UG HI/Hindi Wikipedia and sister project WLM contest 2019
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add new and improve existing monument articles on Hindi Wikipedia by adding images and information.
- Add new and improve existing images of monuments in India
- Improve the structure of the data related to monuments in India.
- Attract and train new editors.
- Engage existing contributors to Use and Improve Monument related Images and article.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will essentially focus on improving the freely licensed and high quality images of monuments in Hindi Speaking State Of India. This Will critical for Improving the quality of monuments related articles in Hindi Wikipedia (and sister projects like WikiYatra).
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We have a fair practice to notify all important information on village pump on all Hindi Wikimedia projects. Besides this We have many contact groups on different social sites like Facebook, Whats-app, Hangout, Telegram etc. We will also invite Hindi Wiki conference 2019 participants to join the contest by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will send emails about the contest to our mailing list which include anyone who has attended an event in the past. We will also use site-notice and geolocated banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia users.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Contest participants will be responsible for listing their work on the main contest page. We will use two different scoring system for images and article on Hindi Wikipedia and sister projects. For monument article contest, 1 point will be given for each photo (with proper creative commons licence) added to an article, 1 point for each newly created or enhanced associated article for each 500 positive and relevant bytes. 1 point for adding images or article to wiki data. For image contest We will select top 3 images and 10 other good images.
We will form a jury which will include 2 members from sysops of each Wiki project and contact persons of User group. Needless to say, these members will be a part of organizing team and will not take part in contest as participants. The jury will count and verify scores and award prizes on the basis of above mentioned norms. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers on Wikipedia article and top 3 images both. Prizes will given in form of certificates, medals and online gift cards, therefore delivery should not be a problem. 4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- we are organizing image taking and article writing contest together for taking benefit of uploaded good images for making featured or at least good label articles.
- We Will structure the monument databases (i.e. Wikidata) with tables of monuments related Hindi Article without images.
- We Will organise at least one edit-a-thon at the end of the contest to insure to use Top 100 Images on monument’s article on Wikipedia within a month.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- - We have organized a successful conference in the February 2019 and online writing contests in the November 2018.
- - We may organized Photowalk in one or more cities during and shortly after the contest
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants= at least 100
- Number of images uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: at least 500 images of which at least 100 Should have high quality or new monuments images.
- Number of monuments articles created or improved on Hindi Wikipedia = at least 100
- Number of article using uploaded images = 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- अनिरुद्ध! (contact person of Hindi Wikimedians User Group, Admin on Hindi Wikipedia and Wikisource): Contest organizer & member of jury for article contest, will create contest pages, answer questions on email and contest talk page, check scores.
- संजीव कुमार (contact person of Hindi Wikimedians User Group, Admin on Hindi Wikipedia ): Contest organizer & member of jury for article and images, will check scores and submit report.
- हिंदुस्थान वासी (contact person of Hindi Wikimedians User Group, Admin on Hindi Wikipedia): Contest organizer & member of jury for image contest, will create contest guideline pages, contest promotion messages.
- अजीत कुमार तिवारी (Admin on Hindi Wikipedia and Wikisource): Contest organizer & member of jury for article and images contest, check scores, purchase prizes and manage prize event.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need to felicitate the winners to encourage them. For the winners we have planned to give certificate Wikimedia swag materials and a gift card from online store Amazon. Details are given below.
|Items||Sub-items||Amount (INR)||Amount (USD, $1=71INR)||Total|
|Amazon Gift Cards||For images contestants||$450 USD (for the first ($150), second ($100), third ($50) and 10 good image($150) places)||31950 (INR)||450 $ (USD)|
|For article contestants||$600 USD (for the first ($200), second ($150) third ($100) and for 10 good image article ($200) places)||42,600 (INR)||450 $ (USD)|
|Certificates & Stickers||For ~100 Participants||21300 (INR)||300 $ (USD)|
|Initial workshops||150 each for 2 workshop||for place and food||21300 (INR)||300 $ (USD)|
|photo walk||–||$250 for place, food||17,750 (INR)||250 $ (USD)|
|Miscellaneous expenses||—||–||3550 (INR)||50 $ (USD)|
|Grand total||$1,950 (USD)|
Total requested: $ 1,950 (USD)
- There are no other financial sources or sponsors of the Hindi Wikimedians user group.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support, necessary contest for improving Hindi Wikipedia's quality.--Hindust@niक्या करें? बातें! 17:05, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support - Will help Hindi Wikipedia and sister projects. --Ashok Talk 18:31, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support - it will be beneficial for Hindi wiki. --Nilesh shukla (talk) 06:22, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support good initiative. Prongs31 05:07, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support: This is a good effort to increase the quality of Wikipedia and its sister's project also.नीलम (talk) 07:08, 24 August 2019 (UTC)