Grants:Project/Rapid/UG LK/Photo equipment/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
The primary goal of this photowalk project is to obtain better quality photographs of most of the notable tall structures in Colombo, for uploading on Commons. Alongside this goal, we want to conduct this project so as to encourage further offline projects by the UGLK community. We believe our primary goal is met, with over 100 high quality photos uploaded to commons, taken over a span of two days.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|The original target was to obtain at least 50 high-quality photos in this photowalk project, with 75% of the articles relating to tallest structures in Colombo being updated with new photos.||Over 120 photos were actually uploaded. The updating/creation of related articles is still in progress, and will be completed at least during/after WMCON17.||Yes, we believe the project was very much a success. Coincidentally, the weather on the photowalk day2 was exceptionally perfect, which greatly helped the photos to be much more vibrant.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? The photowalk travel budgeting and photowalk route planning paid off well, and was something that worked very well.
- What did not work so well? The photowalk project itself was a 100% success. When planning on the purchase of the photo equipment itself, we did not notice that the product does not come with a separate external charger (i.e. you need to plug the camera itself in order to charge the battery). That makes the backup battery not useful. Hence User:Rehman has personally added a small amount (of LKR 700.00) to cover the shortage of purchasing the separate charger.
- What would you do differently next time? N/A
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Below is a breakdown on how the funds were used. An important point to note is that all items were bought locally (instead of importing as per the original grant request), thus shipping costs of approximately LKR 16,000 was saved. A more cost effective tripod was also found. The saved funds were used to obtain lens protection, cleaning kit, and better quality items of the same specification (i.e. the primary memory card).
|Item||Make and model||Brief description||Purchase information||Serial #|
|Nikon Coolpix P900||83x Optical Zoom Lens, with in-built Wifi and GPS.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 87,500|
|Nikon EN-EL23||3.8V 1850 mAh 7.1Wh|
|Nikon EH-73P||Direct charging AC Adapter. Comes with a socket conversion head, and USB cable.||NA|
|Sandisk Extreme 32GB||Sandisk Extreme 32GB. SDHC UHS-I. C10, U3, V30. 90 MB/s.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 8,500|
|Nikon camera case||Nikon side bag with rain cover. 240x200x140mm (outer size).||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 4,500||NA|
|Lens protection/filter||HOYA Pro1 67mm UV Filter. Used mainly for lens protection.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 6,000||NA|
|Nikon EN-EL23||3.8V 1850 mAh 7.1Wh. Backup battery.||2017-03-21 - Source - LKR 7,500|
|Nikon MH-67P||External charging AC Adapter||2017-03-26 - Source - LKR 4,500||NA|
|Backup memory||Sony SF-16C4||SDHC 16GB, C4.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 0.00|
|Tripod||Tourism Tripod||Tourism tripod with monopod.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 10,000||NA|
|Cleaning kit||Nikon cleaning kit||7-in-1 (7 items).||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 1,500||NA|
|Date and time||Taxi provider||Reference||Cost in LKR|
Below figures in LKR:
- Total grant amount: 133,250.00
- Added bank interest: 58.61
- Additional added by User:Rehman: 950.00
- TOTAL USABLE FUNDS: 134,258.61
- Used funds for equipment: 130,000.00
- Used funds for photowalks: 3,240.48
- Retained for min. account balance: 1,018.13
- TOTAL USED FUNDS: 134,258.61
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
As per above breakdown of fund usages, LKR 1,018.13 is retained in the usergroup bank account as minimum bank balance. The account will generate a small amount of credit interest on a monthly basis, over the minimum balance.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
The relevant receipts/bills and account statement will be emailed to the Grants team directly.