Grants:Project/Rapid/UG MAI/Maithili Wikipedia Mission 10
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Mission 10 is a challenge taken by Maithili Wikimedians members. The slogan is unique itself and this is first such pilot program initiated by this UG. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. The other goal is to engage new and existing users of Maithili Wikipedia as well as improve the contents of Maithii Wikipedia and rewards the winner.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
As mentioned in the project goal section above, the contest is focus on creating article, while engaging existing and new editors through Meetups.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
We will spread the event information through social media platform and central notice in Nepal and India. We will also contact the School and colleges students to get in the contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Through a judging tool.(requested)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of articles created or improved: 4000
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Project budget table
- 1 USD = 108.00 NPR as of 2nd December 2016.
|Number||Item description||Unit||Qty||Cost /USD||Total cost USD||WMF contribution (USD)||Other sources (USD)||Notes|
|1.1||Main Prizes||per nomination||3||170.00||170.00||Gift hamper for the 3 top contributors of the contest.|
|1.2||Additional Prizes||person||1||30.00 USD||30.00||30.00||Prizes for the top female contributor. This encourages more women to participate in the contest.|
|1.3||Special prizes (Mission T-Shirt)||person||20||6.00 USD||120.00||120.00||The prizes is for the top twenty contributors of the contest and local organizers.|
|1.3||Special prizes (Mission 10 Certificate)||person||55||1.00 USD||55.00||55.00||The certificate is for the all contributors who takes part in the competition.|
|2. Award Ceremony||400.00||400.00|
|2.1||Mission 10 T-Shirt||Activities/ Main Event||15||6.00 USD||90.00||90.00||WIKI T-shirt for Volunteers.|
|2.2||Hall rent||event day||1||100.00 USD||100.00||100.00||Hall rent for the award ceremony in Rajbiraj.|
|2.3||Food & Beverages||event day||1||185.00 USD||185.00||185.00|
|2.5||Transportation expenses (within the city)||way||Volunteers||25.00 USD||25.00||25.00|
|3. Prizes delivery and Internet Expenses||60.00||60.00|
|3.1||Post expenses and telephone charges||project||1||25.00 USD||25.00||25.00||Sending prizes and certificates to users who could not attend the ceremony.|
|3.2||Internet and top-up expenses||project||35.00 USD||35.00||35.00||Internet usage|
|4. Mission 10 Meetups & Equipments||700.00||700.00|
|4.1||Maithili Wikipedia Mission 10: Workshop||project||250.00 USD||250.00||250.00||We expect to organise a Workshop in Rajbiraj. Where we do a presentation and Wikipedia editing program with new and existing wikipedian regarding the contest as well as we do meetups with our existing and new wikipedians.|
|4.2||Projector||project||450.00 USD||450.00||450.00||For the presentation and various outreach events. The equipment will be logged at Logbook. When not in use, the equipment will be under the care/custody of Pankaj Deo.|
- Total cost of project
- 1475.00 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support challenging project to boost the Maithili Wikipedia. -- Pankaj Deo ((Talk to me)) 04:22, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- Support Best of Luck--Nilamkarn (talk) 05:39, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- Support challenging project to boost the Maithili Wikipedia. —JuniorX2 ChatHello! 01:41, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Really Good one - Bijay Chaurasia ((Msg here plz)) 03:26, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
- IMO Mission 10 is great idea & quiet strong challenge. The organizing team has good enough experience conducting the events. I worked with this organizing team since starting time of MWUG and they showed great organizational skills, as well with spectacular results and outreach. So that Full Support from me. — TBhagat (talk) 10:38, 7 December 2016 (UTC)