Grants:Project/Rapid/Udehb/Wikidata Justice Nigeria
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve the data of Nigerian Judges on wikidata
- increase wikidata's participation
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of trainings/editathon
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the Nigerian User Group as well as the Igbo Wikimedia usergroup. Here are the links Talk:Wikimedia_User_Group_Nigeria and Talk:Igbo_Wikimedians_User_Group
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Whatsapp, face to face
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- For equipment yes they have their devices. It will be an online trainings/editathon that will be hosted on Zoom because of the pandemic. And as for skills needed, yes and where they are found lacking, I and the other wikimedia editor leading the event will be there to guide them.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- mentorships on whatsapp group
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This proposed project will not just only see to the improvement of wikidata's content but also help keep both new and old editors active on the wikidata platform.
Proposed Scope of Work
|Day1||Introduction to Wikidata / The project(Wikidata Justice Nigeria)|
|Day2||How to add/edit items on wikidata|
|Day3||Cont. on How to add/edit items on wikidata|
|Day4||How to Query Wikidata using SPAQL / Querying Nigerian Judges usings SPAQL|
|Day5||Question and answer session|
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 5
- Number of participants = 30+
- Number of new editors = 4+
- Number of Items created or improved = 80+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) = 15+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have at experienced Editors, laptops and mobile phones
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
( Conversion rate according to  : 1 USD == 411.340 NGN)
- Zoom = 14.99 * 2(months) = 29.98 USD
- Graphic design for the event ads= 50 USD
- Internet access for both admin and participants in each live event: 8.50877 X 30 X 5(live event) = 1276.3155
- Wikidata branded shirts/branded flask for active participants = 29.1729 X 10 = 291.729 USD
- Miscellaneous: 50 USD
- TOTAL: 1,698.0245 USD or 698,466 NGN
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- When it comes to Wiki Data, Udehb is a fisher of men. Every project he does is not just to rake in new information, but also rakes in new wiki disciples. He kills two birds with one stone, hence why I believe he will achieve beyond the set goals for this project. He is an experienced editor, who is objective about Wiki data growth. His role in the just concluded,"Wikidata Introduction to Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State" is a great evidence of his drive and commitment in the movement. I endorse this "Wikidata Justice Nigeria" project as I believe it'll shine the light on the judicial world of Nigeria, highlighting its personnel so far. Ceslause (talk) 09:36, 6 August 2021 (UTC)