Grants:Project/Rapid/Uncle Bash/WikiForHumanRights to live in Northern Nigeria
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content relating to human rights and climate change in Northern Nigeria
- Join #WikiForHumanRights/2021 campaign with the theme 'Rights to a healthy environment'
- Introduce new users to other wikipedia sister projects and add content to wikitionary.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 2 meet ups (1 online and 1 offline meet ups) and 1 editathons
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- social media platforms
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Through personal contact and social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- yes, most of them were co-founders of Hausa Wikipedia User:The Living love, User:Sanusi Gado, and others.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Add new users to existing Hausa Wikimedian user group on whatsApp
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will provide articles related to current and past cases of environmental unrests in Northern Nigeria in Hausa Language.
- We will also invite human right expert to give a brief lectures into human rights to a healthy environment
- This project will also engage new editors from Tertiary Institutions (My project under review) to participate
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 3
- Number of participants 20
- Number of new editors 10
- Number of of articles created or improved 150+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) atleast 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am an indigenous hausa, born and raised in hausa land. I am a graduate from Umaru Musa Yar'adua University. I have participated in a number of projects. I have also participated in a number of contests and helped in organizing some projects. I have good writing and communication skills.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hall: 200USD
- Laptops, Projectors rentals = 150 USD
- Transport and logistics = 250USD
- Promotional materials, shirts: 150 USD
- Refreshments = 200 × 2= 400USD
- Face masks, Hand sanitizers & Hand washes = 150 USD
- Prizes = 300 USD
Techno Camon 12 - 1st Position Techno Spark 8 - 2nd Position Techno Spark 2 - 3rd Position
- Total = 1600 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!