Grants:Project/Rapid/UniStu Love Wiki - August/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- We hosted 8 editathons and had a good mix of both new editors and existing editors. Recruiting online mentors was also very helpful. They followed-up with editors between sessions and helped monitor their articles. It took longer that we expected for new people to learn the basic skills to create new articles, so we focused our efforts on helping them add sources or edit existing articles but lateron they joined up on creating new articles in Swahili language.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|3 in-person evenets||3 in-person events and 2 Online event||Due to that other users faced challenges during the contest, we prepared 2 Online events which helped to provide support to the users.|
|20 Participants||32 Participants||We had an over number of 12 more participants. We did everything we could so as to facilitate all the participants who wished to attend the event|
|250 articles created or edited||220 new articles accepted and 288articles edited||With the cooperation of the administrators in the Swahili Wikipedia, we had to make sure all articles created follow the guidlines and have the quality required for use in Wikipedia projects. Many articles were deleted due to the violation of our terms and guidlines on how to create high quality articles.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- From the start of the program everything worked as planned. Every matter was addressed and tackled accordingly.
- What did not work so well?
- Everything worked well.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I would prepare more contests, for many of the editors were motivated by the gift cards/vouchers
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- All funds were spent as approved by the WMF:-
- Food and drinks: 420USD
- Branding (stickers, 3 T-shirts printing, Social media advertising): 100USD
- Logistics & Communications: 75USD
- Awards (gift cards/vouchers): 200USD
- Travel reimbursements: 300USD
- Rentals for the in-person events: 200USD
- Bank rates: 45USD
TOTAL EXPENDITURE: 1,640.00 USD
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- Currently we have no remaining funds for all the funds were were spent as approved.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- UniStu Love Wiki will continue to collaborate with our partners on Edit-a-thons, trainings, Contests, and events such as this to strengthen our community's digital skills and bring the expertise of University Students online on Wikimedia platforms. We request the WMF to continue supporting us in the upcoming events. Thank you.