Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
We managed to meet most of our goals for the "QR-pedia at Korça museum" project. Our main goals for this project were to:
- raise collaboration of our User Group with GLAM institutions in Albania - we managed to have a signed Memorandum of Understanding with the Museum of Korça which was the second established partnership with a GLAM institution in our country.
- improve the articles related to the National Archaeological Museum of Korçë in different languages - as a result of this project we managed to have this list of articles created which were also linked with the QR codes:
- https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendbanimet_palafite - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozaiku_i_Polen%C3%ABs - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumat - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarkofag - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitos - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzeu_arkeologjik_i_Kor%C3%A7%C3%ABs - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneoliti_(Periudha_e_bakrit) - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratigrafia_(n%C3%AB_arkeologji) - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendbanimi_prehistorik_n%C3%AB_Maliq - https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teknologjit%C3%AB_prehistorike -https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipoteza_Kurgane -https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epoka_e_Bronzit_n%C3%AB_Europ%C3%AB
Photos in commons are under this category: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Archaeological_Museum_of_Kor%C3%A7a
Also, we created QR-pedia codes for current articles, making them easier to access from people who are visiting the museum.
- Use the project as a good case study to further enhance the collaboration with other GLAM institutions in Albania - we were developing two projects in parallel and signed the MoU with "Korça museum" and the "National Film Centre". Having a signed memorandum with the National Film Centre helped establish this other collaboration. We are optimistic that these case studies will help us with other projects in the future.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons for each article created or improved: 25||We didn't add the photos on a special category, but one related to the museum, we can differentiate by QR in the filename. Link: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Archaeological_Museum_of_Kor%C3%A7a||The objective was achieved since we have uploaded more than 25 photos.|
|Number of articles created or improved related to the Museum that will be used at QR codes in different languages: 25||We created 12 new articles and the respective QR-codes. We also improved 8 already created articles and created the QR-codes for them.||We created/improved 20 artices with QR-codes, but didn't manage to achieve our goal of 25 articles. The main reason of us not achieving this goal was because we weren't able to find enough information for the other objects of the Museum. This document holds all of the QR-codes created: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:QR_pedia_tables_that_are_printed_and_placed_on_the_museum.pdf|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): 25||We used some of the photos on the new articles which were created.||We achieved our goal of adding some of the photos of the museum object on the new articles that we created.|
|Creating a map for all the archeological sites of the city of Korca||https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:QR-pedia_project_at_the_Archeological_Museum_of_Kor%C3%A7a_4.jpg||This was not planned before but it was something that the team developed during the implementation of the project.|
|Outreach on social media Twitter/Facebook post and a blog post||https://openlabs.cc/en/korca-qr-pedia-project/, https://twitter.com/WikiUG_Albania/status/1142739681047711745||The outreach on social platforms helped to spread the information for the project implementation.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- We have a Memorandum of Understading with the Korça Museum.
- We printed materials with QR-codes and content. We printed 21 plates with QR and information related to the Archeological Museum of Korça and also a Map which has all the archeological sites.
- What did not work so well?
- We were expecting to have more local participation during the activity.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will communicate ahead with institutions in order to have more accurate information on the resources that they can provide, and this will help us to better define the number of new articles that we can create.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Printing and production costs of the QR codes and info: 139.5€
- Traveling and accommodation to Korça from Tirana (5 persons for 2 nights): 201€
- Food for the team: 81.3€
- Finance officer: 56.4€
- Legal costs (for drafting the Memorandum of Understanding): 0€
- Graphic designer (for the design of the QR codes, design for online promo, preparing printing files and preview of the printing materials): 250€
- Project management: for the coordination of the whole process: 140€
- Unexpected costs:0
Total amount spent is: 728.2€ from 1237€. To return 508.8€
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- Yes, 508.8EUR
We would like to keep this budget and use it for future projects on which we will work in the upcoming months or other UG related activities.
Anything else you want to share about your project?