Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, and we are happy with how the project went. Due to the pandemic we were forced to postpone and hold some of our events online instead of in person but we are happy with the end results. Since this project consisted on a successful collaboration with a public institution this makes a great case study which we can showcase and will empower us (and similar organizations) to establish other collaborations with similar institutions in the open knowledge area.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
Add details here
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|We will have at least 6 events, two for every month||We had in total 9 events||We did our first 5 events in the first 4 months we started the project, by that time we ended all the initial information that we had in use. At that time our team started to organise Wikimedia Hackathon (add link) which kept us a bit busy. Because of pandemic we restarted our activity this year and we did four other events to not only improve Wikipedia about the albanian movies but also for actors which played in this movies.|
|We are planning to have a solid group of approximately 5 experienced contributors and 5 newcomers in each event||We had 7 experienced contributors in total and 15 new editors(https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiFilmat_SQ/Pjesëmarrësit)|
|5 new editors for every event||Only for the first and last event we wee able to achieve that|
|Number of of articles created or improved: 450||We created and improved 188 albanian movies in SQ Wikipedia and one in DE Wikipedia. We created 42 new articles for actors who played roles in this movies and improved 28 articles||Not enough information as we predicted from the national film center and some articles were already existing on Wikipedia.|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 7||Goal was achieved|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The cooperation with the National Film Center went well, we had new contributors and existing one that kept coming on the events and contributing on the project. These people have expressed their interest in joining the user group and contribute on Wikimedia project.
- What did not work so well?
- The number of the articles that we were able to create were less than we planned on the beginning. Some of the articles were already created and we had less materials than we anticipated in the begging of the project.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We would spend more time on researching and planning the project beforehand so we would create more accurate metrics to be achieved during the project. In person events would definitely help us on having more contributors on the project as well.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Rent for the place where 6 editathons will be held : 360€ (we have done 6 in person events and 3 online activities so the costs are higher as we had to use online services to host these activities)
- Food and snacks for the people participating at the event: 85.69 EUR
- Graphic designer (for the design of promo materials and online promo):120€
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, 123.97 EUR
We would like to use the remaining fund on another project that we are planning.
We have used the remaining funds for some of the meetings that our team members have held, one of them is documented here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania/December_Meetup_2021 Mainly for what we have spent it are, snacks and drinks for members attending the meetings and small and purchased some coffee, water, papers, pens for the space where we held the meeting since we were using the space and their resources. We do understand that the funds are used without them being approved and we are okay to send the money back if you don't agree with the above. Thank you!
|Food and Drinks||80EUR|
|Coffee and Water for the space that we used||34EUR|
|Paper and pens||10EUR|
Anything else you want to share about your project?