Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in Portugal/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? We have met most of our stated goals, except for fewer participants than expected. We have however exceeded the projected number of photos uploaded to Commons.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|150 participants||85 partipants|
|1000-2000 photos uploaded to Commons||6309 photos uploaded to Commons||even though the number of participants was lower than expected, a few users uploaded thousands of pictures, perhaps motivated by the prize for number of different monuments portrayed.|
|200-400 photos used in the projects||343 photos used so far||This number probably reflects the number of monuments that weren't covered before in Commons. The remaining photos are most likely different angles or details of monuments that will take more time to be integrated into articles.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? We managed to send out the prizes fairly quickly after the results were announced.
- What did not work so well? The freedom to choose the prize in whatever store the winners liked resulted in more work for the organizers.
- What would you do differently next time? Next time, we will pre-select an online store where we will buy vouchers for the winners.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on. We distributed the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, and the special prize for the photographer that covers the major number of monuments previously without any photo on Commons.
These consisted of:
- 1st prize: 421.9€ in electronics
- 2nd prize: 225€ in Amazon vouchers + 0.83€ in transfer fees
- 3rd prize: 122.5€ in sporting goods
- Special prize: 70€ in sporting goods, 46.25€ in books and CDs, and 8.75€ donation to WMPT.
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes, 5.6€. We would like to absorb the remaining funds as overheads, given the small ammount.
Anything else you want to share about your project?