- Recruit new editors: We expect to attract 20 new Wikipedia editors and 10 new Commons contributors.
- Add or improve content: We expect to add contents about the Medical Research Institutes of the Central University of Venezuela (in Spanish Universidad Central de Venezuela) also add/improve content about Doctors, Medical Researchers and their works.
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning to do multiple events in a day: a 4-hour editing workshop, a 2-hour photo session on the University Campus (which is an UNESCO World Heritage) and then, create the proposed articles and upload the pictures to Commons.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We've created an Event Page, and we've posted flyers on Twitter & Instagram. Also, we sent an invitation thought the Medical Faculty's mailing list (with their authorization) and expect to publish it on Facebook.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
On our team we have three experienced editors - myself, Oscar Costero (Administrator on Spanish Wikipedia and Chair of Wikimedia Venezuela) and BlackBeast (also an Administrator on Spanish Wikipedia), to help lead the event and to support participants and one person who does not edit often, (Ybsen Lucero, Executive Director of WMVE), but is a great project manager who will be in charge of logistics.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We'll host the event at a computer lab on the University's Main Library, so that people do not have to bring their own computers. We'll make sure that participants know the opening hours of the computer lab so that they can return to editing between editathons. Two eswiki Administrators agreed to collect materials that can be used as reference and participants have books available for use.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
Online and on-site mentors will post a welcome message to new editors at the beginning of the event. They will do a follow up of the work done by new editors after the event so they can answer questions and offer feedback.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
This is our first experience with a multiple event (edit-a-thon and a photo tour) and we'll apply everything we've learned from our past experiences and projects (both successful and those which didn't meet expectations). We're so proud to work side to side with the oldest and most renowned University of our country, and that they've believed and trusted on us to expand their educational programs to their teaching and research staff.
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 20 (at least)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): N/A
We have 3 experienced Wikimedians and 3 volunteers who will attend the events, one event planner, and 2 online mentors. University staff will help us with logistics and operations, also, they are providing the event venues for free.
We need refreshments (lunch, drinks, water and coffee) for 32 persons, and small printed works (flyers, certificates):
Category Item description Number of units Actual cost per unit Actual total (local currency) Actual total (USD)* Refreshments Coffee Break for participants and event staff 2 VEF 140000,00 VEF 280000,00 USD 393.15 Refreshments Lunch for participants and event staff 32 VEF 12000,00 VEF 384000,00 USD 539.18 Logistics Small Printing Works (Flyers, Certificates) By Demand VEF 85000,00 USD 119.35 TOTAL USD 1171.05
* At an official exchange rate of VEF 712.19/USD (see Here)
One of the reasons about the high cost of the grant is the high inflation and the exchange distortion in Venezuela. We'll use the official exchange rate, meanwhile the commerces use the Black market exchange.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!