Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Main goals are attempt. We're very happy to face this project which is a real challenge for us as new organizer.
- Organize the contest this year in far-north region of Cameroon
- Engage new contributors
- Emphasis on training sessions by professionnal photographers to facilitate newers about photography work
- Share useful skills of how to contribute to wikimedia commons and how to contribute useful photos which can be used in other Wikimedia projects.
- Train new editors through online photo upload sessions.
- Add more images about Health and Wellness in our country
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
- Wiki Loves Africa 2021 Statistics : Wiki Loves Africa 2021
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events= at least 10 main in person events||We were able to do 2 in person events.||Goal was met|
|Number of participants= at least 30||40+ participants||Goal met|
|Number of new editors=10||10+ new participants||Goal met|
|Number of of photos uploaded to Wikicommons 500+||822 photos were uploaded||Goal met|
|Number of photos used in WMF projects (through ISA tool contest)=500+||Due to the limitation of time we had, the contest is not set yet, we are expecting to launch it on WPWP Campaign and it will run for the whole campaign.||on progress|
Top 3 Winners
1.First Winner =User: Collins Ngwashi
- Winning photo =Bottle of life.
2.Second Winner =User: Daisy MSL
- Winning photo =Consultation for women and babies.
3.Third Winner =User: John Mbenguè
- Winning photo =A la piscine ballon.
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- All sessions, started at Yaounde were a very good experience.
- Good number of participants contributed their photos to Wikimedia Commons
- Good introduction of Maroua in contest
- What did not work so well?
- Delay in launching, monitoring and achieving project objectives due to late funding
- We were forced to pre-finance several activities
- What would you do differently next time?
- Strengthen communication within the User Group
- Create many teams to facilitate execution of project
- Anticipate in the submission of grants
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on. We faced a deficit situation when we post our budget. In the table, the real amount in XAF is about 1170000, we submitted about 1145000. There is a gap of 350000 XAF. We have managed our project with what received (1145000).
|Item||Spent Budget in XAF||Spend Budget in USD||Receipt Available||Comments|
|Conference||70000||$129,63||Yes||To announce contest in Maroua and Country|
|Events||470000||$870,37||Yes||All events organised in country|
|Branding & Stationaries||75000||$138,89||Yes||Tshirts for teams, Photographers and jury|
|Communications, Outreach||165000||$305,56||Yes||PhotoWalks, Rollup, Internet fees, Printing of winning photos|
|COVID-19 equipment||38000||$70,37||Yes||Masks and Hand Sanitizer|
|Awards giving||207000||$383,33||Yes||Prizes for three winners|
|Closing Ceremony at MINAC Delegation||80000||$148,15||Yes||Venue, drink and snacks|
|Jury||30000||$55,56||Yes||Transports and Internet fees|
|Transaction fees||10000||$18,52||No||Mobile operator fees|
|Total||1 145 000 frs CFA||$2 120,37 USD||Changes were estimated about 540 XAF|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No, the whole fund was used for the project.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- We sincerely thank the Foundation and the grants team for all support that led to a successful project and hope that next year, we will anticipate on plan.