Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community Arusha/Arts and Feminism
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content in Swahili Wikipedia and Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I am planning to do a series of three editathons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will let my community know about the event through social media pages(WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook) and the African Wikimedian Mailig list. The link to the email sent out is here https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/african-wikimedians/2021-February/002096.html
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes there are experienced editors who will lead the event. They are listed below:
- Innocent Massawe
- Praygod mwanga
- Alexander Demetro
- Gladys Gibbs
- Ebenezer Mlay
- John Massawe
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most of the participants have equipment and skill to participate and contribute. For those who do not have the equipment, we will rent.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the events participants will be asked to join the social media platforms for them to ask questions or support when needed.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 3
- Number of participants - 20
- Number of new editors -5
- Number of of articles created or improved - 60+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Ebenezer Mlay - Event Manager
- Praygod Mwanga - Event Organiser
- Gladys Gibbs - Event Advisor
- Alexander Demetro - Event Facilitator
- John Massawe - Social Media manager
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food - 170.760 * 3 = 512.279 USD
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 85.3798 * 3 = 256.139 USD
- Internet - 21.3449 * 3 = 64.0348
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 170.760 * 3 = 512.279 USD
- Venue - 34.1519 * 3 = 102.456 USD
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 42.6899 * 3 = 128.070 USD
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) - 32.0174 * 3 = 96.0522 USD
- Tshirts 10.6725*7 = 74.7073 USD
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 21.3449 * 3 = 64.0348 USD
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 4 laptops) - 25.6139 * 3 = 76.8418
- Contingency - 42.6899 USD
- Total = 1,929.58 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!