Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community Arusha/Wikimedia projects training and edit-a-thon/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? All the project goals were met and we are happy with how the project went
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants - 35||Number of participants - 64||The initial project target was smaller than the achieved outcome this was due to the fact that we had to encourage more new volunteers to participate with mentorship from the experienced community members. This allowed us to have an 85% increase of the original target. We will be implementing the same strategy in all the upcoming projects.|
|Number of new editors - 10||Number of new editors - 21||We surpassed the original target by an increase of 110% from the original target. This is the result of the strategy we implemented in this project.|
|Number of of articles created or improved - 50+||Number of of articles created or improved - 1.44K||Due to an increase in the number of participants we achieved a great outcome on the number of article created and improved.|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)- 20+||Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) -30+||We had more people attending more than one event that we organized.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? We achieved all the targeted goals for the project. We learnt on new ways that we can engage more new volunteers to the community.
- What did not work so well? Everything worked fine
- What would you do differently next time? We will have more regular community discussions as they are so enlightening and provide for a room for the community growth. We experienced new ideas about the programs and projects that we can work on as a community.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food - 1326.97 USD
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 649.058 USD
- Internet - 194.717 USD
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 1,355.75 USD
- Venue - 281.259 USD
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 216.353 USD
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) -162.265 USD
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 108.176 USD
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 8 laptops)- 259.623 USD
Do you have any remaining grant funds? There is no any remaining grant funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project? Here is the link to the project's outreach dashboard. []