Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community Arusha/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Arusha, 2021
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To improve the quality, reliability, and credibility of Wikipedia articles across Swahili
- To promote the use of digital media files on Swahili Wikipedia article pagescollected from various photography contests, photowalks organized by the Wikimedia community,
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The WPWP contest will be focused on adding as many relevant images as possible in Swahili Wikipedia articles. By adding images on the Swahili Wikipedia pages will help grasp the readers' attention better than a page with no image.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have let my community know about the proposal through the Arusha Wikimedians metapage 
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will let the community about the event through social media in which the community is mostly involved. I have created a WhatsApp group, Facebook page, and Instagram page in order to reach a large number of the community members
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- Using the general guideline for the campaign rules of the contest, contributions will be tracked using the Wikimedia Hashtag tool. Participants will be advised to label a specific #WPWP hashtag.
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- It is not a photo contest
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Here is the link to the risk assessment tool:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oH8Jeziu8BXQ5ozi-k_hIn9OsvKiZFjEE_h2gqfrWSg/edit
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
For writing contests:
- Number of participants - 30
- Number of articles created or improved - 500
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Ebenezer Mlay - Event Manager
- Praygod Mwanga - Event Organiser
- Gladys Gibbs - Event Advisor
- Mary calist mlay - Event Facilitator
- John Massawe - Social Media manager
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food - 257.541* 2 = 515.081 USD
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 128.770 * 2 = 257.541 USD
- Internet - 38.6311 * 2 = 77.2622 USD
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 257.541* 2 = 515.081 USD
- Venue - 55.8005 * 2 = 111.601 USD
- Prizes for top contributors - 171.694 USD
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 42.9234 * 2 = 85.8469 USD
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) - 32.1926 * 2 = 64.3852 USD
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 4 laptops) - 25.7541 * 2 = 51.5081 USD
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 21.4617 * 2 = 42.9234 USD
- Contingency - 42.9234 USD
- Total = USD 1,935.85
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support I am User: T Cells from the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos International Team. We are glad to have your team joining the campaign this year. Please review the organizer's guide and Best practices in organizing WPWP Campaign in your community. With kind regards. T CellsTalk 14:32, 17 June 2021 (UTC)