Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Nigeria/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in Nigeria 2021
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors to participate in online training and the online organized editathon
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa articles by adding images to articles with no images.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to conduct a series of at least four online webinars to participants, one of them will focus on general instructions on Wikicommons and infoboxes and how to participate in WPWP, the second and third will focus on answering any concerns about any challenges which might face the participants along the way, and the fourth one will be the finale to conclude the contest.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use our social media platforms and the meta page to let people know about the project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have at least 4 experienced editors to handle the project facilitation activities.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Many of them have the required tools for the project. We will rent a few devices (laptops) for active Wikimedians who will need support.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will encourage participants to follow our social media platforms to keep track of all ongoing projects and any post project activities.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is one of the important projects in Nigeria as many articles related to Nigeria in both English Wikipedia have no images.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events=At least 3 online sessions
- Number of participants=At Least 50 people
- Number of new editors=At Least 20
- Number of of articles created or improved=At least 300
- Images to be integrated from Commons=At least 300
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Kaizenify-Project Manager
- Olaniyan Olushola-Project Facilitator
- Superswift-Project Facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Local prizes for (android phones + certificate for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners) = 400USD
- Internet=300 USD
- Equipment rentals (laptops) at least 2@30 per day for at least 3 days =180USD
- Branding and Social media promotion=200USD
- Local transport=100USD
- Logistics=150 USD
- Custom shirt for local organizers - 100USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!