Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia UG Nigeria(WUGN)/Wikimedia Radio and TV Program Grant
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Create awareness about Wikimedia related activities in Nigeria
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Every Wednesdays, our presenter and co-presenters visit Ikeja Lagos to air the program. The program is aired between 18:45 to 1945 GMT+ but our presenters normally get there an hour before the program. We plan to run this program for one year and it's currently in its 5th edition. Though, our budget covers initial plan of six(6) months, Before now, we usually support our presenter and co-presenters with local transport and refreshments but we need support for its continuity. see the page activities on meta here
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- if at least 30 programs were aired
- if at least 30 participants were aired
- If at least 5 new editors were recruited
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Olaniyan Olushola (Presenter)
- User:Kaizenify (Co-Presenter)
- User:Olufemi Simeon Adeniyi ( Co-Presenter)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
This is the estimated budget per meetup:
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Cost per week of presenting the program on air|
(Sumtotal : 23500 NGN)
|1||Transportation of Media Crew||4||2000||8000||25.45||This would cover the cost of transportation for our media crew|
|2||Refreshment for Media Crew||4||2500||10000||31.82||This would cover the cost of refreshment for our media crew|
|3||Transportation for guest per show||1||3000||3000||9.54||This would cover the cost of transportation for the invited guest|
|4||Refreshment for guest||1||2500||2500||7.95||This would cover the cost of refreshment for our invited guest|
|Total (without contingency cost): NGN 23500 (USD 74.78)|
Contingency cost: NGN 1500 (USD 4.72)
Grand Total:NGN 25000 (USD 79.50)
The above budget represent cost per week of presenting the program.
As a member of Wikimedia UG Nigeria, I am excited about this program as it will expose Wikipedia to Nigerian, and will in turn assist in getting more active editors on the platform.Olufemi Simeon Adeniyi (talk) 07:35, 1 March 2017 (UTC)