Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia User Group Nigeria/Monthly meetup
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Our monthly meetups will involves training and editathons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Wikimedia UG Nigeria Facebook page
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes they have. Community members who have more than one equipment like laptop can lend those who do not have.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? Wikimedia UG Nigeria have been organizing meetups in the past few year using personal funds of the group leaders. Our volunteers cannot provide the financial support needed to organize subsequent meetups. This is the reason why we are requesting for financial support from WMF.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- If 6 meetups are organized
- If at least 13 people participates
- If at least 2 new editors are recruited per meetup
- If at least 5 new articles are created and 5 existing articles improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the estimated budget per meetup:
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Cost per workshop|
(Sumtotal : 101300 NGN)
|1||Mini Hall||1||61300||61300||201||This would cover the cost of a Mini hall in Lagos|
|1||Alternative power supply||1||10000||10000||32.79|
|2||Food||20||1000||20000||65.57||This is for light refreshments|
|3||Wifi||1 (at the venue)||10000||10000||32.78|
|Total (without contingency cost): NGN 101300 (USD 332.13)|
Contingency cost: NGN (USD)
Grand Total:NGN 101300 (USD 332.13)
The above budget table summarize the cost per meetup. Therefore, the cost for six months would :NGN 607800 (USD 1992.78)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!