Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/5th Annual Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? On a personal level, this is the first training session for which I was satisfied both by the participation and commitment of the participants and by the number of articles created.
Most of the objectives have been achieved :
- More than 95% of new participants
- Many learned to create and edit articles in wikipedia
- The media coverage allowed the writing of 3 articles (1 press : Press article - Art and Feminism Editathon in Yaounde and 2 internet Internet Article 1 and Internet Article 2 )
- Several participants joined the user group
- New partnerships for training with other associations in view
- We held 4 events with a total of 44 participants
- The creation and modification of articles were done during the month of March
- More than twenty articles created and modified
Please report on your original project targets.
- Dashboard page of events : Art and Feminist 2018 in Cameroon
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|3 events||4 events||An additional session in Douala held in order to perform more practice|
|30 new editors||28 new editors||44 participants took part in all 4 meetings for an average of 15 people per meeting|
|30 articles created or improved||More than twenty created or improved||The impressions of the participants were positive with a lot of motivation to continue|
|200 images uploader||We did not upload any images because the lack of time|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
Motivating members after learning how to create and edit articles
- The other members of the User Group in Douala joined the meeting
- Media coverage with article creation
- Participants in Douala want to meet regularly to strengthen knowledge
- Several participants joined the user group in Yaoundé
- New partnerships for other training have been established following communication in the media and social networks
- The purchase of books as sources has allowed us to strengthen the contribution of the different participants during the practice
- What did not work so well?
- Drop in motivation in Douala for the second day
- The absence of the second trainer in Yaounde
- The delay in the bank transfer pushed us to prefinance
- What would you do differently next time?
- Do not space dates between sessions between theory and practice
- Equip the user group with a video projector
- Initiate a day or a half-day for taking photos according to a theme
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Item||Spent Budget in XOF||Spend Budget in USD||Receipt Available||Comments|
|3G/4G modem for the internet access||85 000 frs CFA||$158,10 USD||Yes||We had another meeting in Douala; addition of 10,000 frs CFA|
|Video projector rental||200 000 frs CFA||$372,00 USD||Yes,||Added 50 000 F for the Douala meeting|
|Transport||25 000 frs CFA + 4000 frs CFA||$118,37 USD||Yes for travel at Yaounde, no for taxi||Douala - Yaounde - Douala: 15000 frs CFA - $27,90 USD; Taxi at Yaounde : 10,000 frs CFA - $18,60 USD; Taxi at Douala : 4,000 frs CFA - $7,44 USD.|
|Hotel||40 000frs CFA||$74,40 USD||Yes,||Stay from March 21 to 23|
|Transportation of Volunteers||37 000frs CFA||$68,82 USD||Yes, except for the purchase of books||Organization of the event: 20 000 F - $37,20 USD; Transport of volunteers present: 10,000 F - $18,60 USD; Transport for the purchase of books: 7000 F - $13,02 USD|
|Transport of journalists||50 000frs CFA||$93,00 USD||Yes,||1 press article written and 2 internet articles :|
|Aperitifs : Meals and drinks||216 000frs CFA||$401,76 USD||Yes||3rd march : 42 700frs CFA - $79,42 USD 16th march : 17 800frs CFA - $33,11 USD 22 march : 88 700frs CFA - $164,98 USD 23 march : 67 600 frs CFA - $125,74 USD|
|Phone call||10 000frs CFA||$18,10 USD||Yes||Contact organizers and participants|
|Purchase of women's books||47 000frs CFA||$87,42 USD||Yes||Sources needed for training|
|Room rental||150 000frs CFA||$279,00 USD||No|
|Total||864 000frs CFA||$1 607,04 USD|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No. After adding one more day, as well as some unforeseen, we spent more than we expected: 129,800 frs CFA - $241,43 USD
Anything else you want to share about your project? We are asked for training sessions in other cities (Buea, Bamenda and Maroua). Several members from the formations are now members of the user group and because of the communication (Press and social networks), many people want to be part of the user group in Yaoundé and Douala
- Some pictures of the events: Art and Feminism editathons pictures in Cameroon