Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wikikwatt project continuation in Cameroon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- To base the presence of our UG in the cities of Yaounde and Buea
- Increase the number of articles on Yaounde and Buea Neighborhoods (The WikiKwatt Project])
- Continue the Wikikwatt project (Yaounde and Buea neighborhoods in Wikipedia)
- Translate articles in French, English and German
- Increase the number of images on Yaounde Neighborhoods to illustrated articles
- Maintain our parternship with Goethe Institut
- Strengthen the skills of created sub-group members working on Wikidata and related projects.
- Strengthen the visibility of our UG in Cameroon
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A monthly meeting at the Goethe Institut to upload photos and create articles
- A meeting every two months in Buea in order to reinforce the skills of the core group formed during previous training sessions
- Photo outings in the neighborhoods of Yaounde
- Collection of sources from traditionnal and administratives authorities
- October 2019
- 12nd October: editathon at Goethe Institut (Yaounde)
- 19th October: field trip in the neighborhoods of Yaoundé and meeting with the traditional rulers
- November 2019
- 9th November: editathon at Goethe Institut (Yaounde)
- 16th November: field trip in the neighborhoods of Yaoundé and meeting with the traditional rulers
- 30th November: editathon in Buea (ActivSpaces)
- December 2019
- 14th December: editathon at Goethe Institut (Yaounde)
- 21st November: field trip in the neighborhoods of Yaoundé and meeting with the traditional rulers
- January 2020
- 11st January: editathon at Goethe Institut (Yaounde)
- 18th January: field trip in the neighborhoods of Yaoundé and meeting with the traditional rulers
- 25th January: editathon in Buea (ActivSpaces)
- February 2020
- 8th February: editathon at Goethe Institut (Yaounde)
- 15th February: field trip in the neighborhoods of Yaoundé and meeting with the traditional rulers
- 29th February: editathon in Buea (ActivSpaces)
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have a whatsApp group, a facebook page Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group Facebook page, a twitter account and metapage | Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group on Meta
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Majority of participant have a computer, photographers are also present in User Group
- We will strengthen the skills of members to wikipedia, Wikimedia commons and especially Wikidata : Group have been formed for this purpose with training and monitoring leaders
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- It is a question of extending the measure of the presence of the community and make known the movement in Cameroon
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We have in our partnership a venue for our meetings : Goethe Institut and ActivSpaces
- We also plan to regularly take part to activities, forums,… organized in Cameroon in order to expose our work to other communities and partners.
- Roll Up will be needed to enhance our visibility at forums and conferences
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 13 events
- Number of participants : Between 20 and 35
- Number of new editors : About 10
- Number of articles created or improved (Wikipedia, Wikidata) : More than 50 articles in french, english and German
- Number of repeat participant : About 90%
- Number of pictures added : More than 250 pictures
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The members of the user group leaving in Yaoundé, amongst them a photographer
- An equipped hall at Goethe Institute for meetings with reliable internet
- Snacks during our meetings at the Goethe Institute
- A room in Buea for meetings
- Goethe Institut logistic support (Internet connection, Videoprojector, Books,…)
- The administrative partition of the town of Yaoundé – Cartography: Direction of technical services/ cell of urban development (Urban Council of Yaoundé) – 2008 Editions
- The websites:
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transport of photographers (Photo releases) : 7000 CFA franc (CFA) x 2 persons x 5 months = 70 000 CFA
- Stay in Yaoundé (Bus, taxi and accomodation) : 270 000 CFA
- Transport of User Group members (4 persons, 1 stay) to Buea : 165 000 CFA
- Internet connection (Buea, 3 months): 90 000 CFA
- Aperitif (Buea, 3 months) : 105 000 CFA
- 1 Roll Up : 100 000 CFA
- Transport of volunteers during the monthly meetings in Yaounde (2000 CFA x 20 x 5 months) = 200 000 CFA
- Transport of volunteers during the monthly meetings in Buea (2000 CFA x 15 x 3 months) = 90 000 CFA
- Tee-shirts for the volunteers in Yaounde (3500 CFA x 10) = 35 000 CFA
- Caps of the volunteers in Yaounde (2500 CFA x 10) = 25 000 CFA
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support La précédente saison des activités du Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group a donné de véritable moment de partage. Nous avons eu l’occasion de promouvoir les quartiers de nos villes. Nous sommes impatients de continuer et donner notre participation à la vision 2030. Frederic PAPY (talk) 12:15, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Parts of Cameroon are under war. Funding the activities of the Cameroon User Group will help active members to overcome hardships. They have a track of successfull initiatives. --Gereon K. (talk) 12:22, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support The work we are called to do in these different cities of Cameroon allows us to enrich the data in Wikipedia through the young volunteers who are trained by us. Challenges are often personally engaged and this motivates us fully to continue to act in a good atmosphere for the community. Thus, the community is growing and the movement is becoming permanent.-- Bile rene (talk) 14:15, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support First of all I will like to thank the Grant Committee for their first grants allowed to our User Group (UG). As you already know these first grants helped us to work on many UG's projets. As the UG's projets are still going on, we will be greatfull for your positve answer.-- Mndetatsin (talk) 19:44, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Active and well-known group. Need support. Anthere (talk)
- Support So useful Benoît
- Support A determine group. Regular support will see them realise much AminouT (talk) 11:14, 23 September 2019 (UTC)