Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wiki Loves Earth 2017 in Cameroon
- Wiki Loves Earth Cameroon 2017
- Increasing number of freely licensed images of preserved areas and natural monuments in Cameroon;
- Raising awareness of nature protection through the photographs uploaded during the competition;
- Improving the quality of the content on Wikimedia projects by providing images to the articles;
- Creating and improving existing articles in Wikipedia by providing pictures;
- Raising awareness of free licences among photographers in Cameroon;
- Recruiting new contributors to Wikimedia Commons;
- Increasing local media coverage about Wikimedia projects.
- Engage existing editors
- Consolidate collaboration with Cameroon photographers
- Introduce photographers community to available resources from WMF;
- Wiki Loves Earth Cameroon 2017
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community? National parks, reserves and zoos
- The main gola of this contest consists on taking pictures of national parks, reserves, zoos in Cameroon and uploading them to Wikimedia Commons.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- There is a huge association of photographs in Cameroon named " photographes professionnels du Cameroun". We try to colloborate more and more with them for months. So we are going to organize meetings & workshops with them to make known Wikimedia Commons and Wiki Loves Erath among that community better than today.
- Creation of posters, T-shirts and flyers.
- Develop a media coverage
- asking "délégations du tourisme et de la culture" (tourism official institution) to broadcast information about WLE in Cameroon
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A jury will be in charge of ranking. Award prizes are detailed here
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Measures of success for WLE
- 500 photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- 20 participants uploading a photo
- 15 newly registered participants
- 15% distinct photos used in Wikipedia articles
- Measures of success for WLE article contest
- 5 users participating
- 15 articles illustrated
- Geugeor (organizing, promotion)
- Nicolas Eyidi (Jury, partnerships)
- Linda Dreisen (Jury, partnerships)
- Hako Hankson (Jury, partnerships)
We are willing to spend it according to this plan:
|Wiki Loves Earth 2017|
|Awards for participants||165 000|
|Gifts for jury members||50 000|
|WLE photo expedition (4 regions)||100 000|
|Travels Awareness (4 regions)||80 000|
|Pull Up Banner||80 000|
|Participants Tee-shirts||150 000|
|Posters, flyers and conception||200 000|
|Venue for awards ceremony & snacks||100 000|
Resources we have
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Resources we need
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Endorsed great intiative! There is a huge lack of pictures of natural sites from Cameroon. --Benoît Prieur (talk) 04:23, 2 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support. Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group were actively in touch with the WLE international team regarding organisation of Wiki Loves Earth in Cameroon and I think they would be able to achieve good results. The contest is valuable in terms of new content (very low coverage of natural sites of Cameroon), new users (increasing number of Cameroonese contributors to Commons) and community development (first ever initiative of such kind in the country will help them gain organisational experience) — NickK (talk) 12:52, 2 June 2017 (UTC)