Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedistas de Colombia/Wikivacaciones 2017/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
In the last year contest we did not get the expected amount of photos, so we are very happy to have reached the goal this year. Also we get a lot of photos from municipalities with few or none photos in Commmons before the contest. The quality of the photos was really high. We did not reach the expected number of participants, but we were very close.
In general, we are very satisfied with this year's contest.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|100 participants||92||Target not reached. However, we were very close to achieving it. This year the sitenotice worked well and it was activated in time.|
|1000 photos uploaded to Commons||1591 photos||Target successfully reached.|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: we expect more than 40 photos to be used in the Wikimedia Projects.||40 photos||Success.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- We reached and exceeded the expected number of photos.
- Although we did not reach the expected number of participants, we were really close to achieve it. We think that the early activation of the sitenotice was a positive thing of this year's contest. So we can say that we learned the lesson from last year well.
- What did not work so well?
- This year, we let the winners choose their prices. The winners could choose gift cards from the store they wanted. We thought that this was the best way for the winners to get what they wanted and save shipping costs, But the reality was that many of them had never bought gift cards and ask us to explain and recommend them stores where they could get the gift cards. That was a little unexpected extra work for us, also some of the winner choose "non-electronic" gift cards and part of the prize money had to be used to cover shipping costs.
- The latter also caused a great delay in the delivery of some prizes.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Maybe, a stronger Facebook campaign could help us reach the expected number of participants
- It is better to establish fixed prizes instead of let the winners choose their prizes
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Facebooks ads||Ads||Units||1||96628||96628||COP||1 Ad of 58110 and other of 38518|
|2||First place prize||Prize||Units||1||300000||300000||COP|
|3||Second place prize||Prize||Units||1||339000||339000||COP|
|4||Third place prize||Prize||Units||1||150000||150000||COP|
|7||Extras||Extra, banks fees||-||-||-||10000||COP|
- Funds received (In COP): 954336
- Total funds spent (In COP): 906628
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
47708 COP (About 16.94 USD)
We'd like to retain the unspent funds while we apply for another Rapid grant.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Thanks again for your help in this project :) .