Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The focus of the contest are photos of the Colombia culture (i.e holidays, festivals, local food, typical dresses, etc). Colombia has an incredible culture, but most of it is undocumented in the Wikimedia Projects, so we are working to solve this.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- People will know about this project through facebook, instagram and a banner in the Wikimedia projects, before and during the development of the contest.
- Also we will try to contact the media and make some propaganda of our contest.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- There will be 2 kind of prizes: those awarded by a jury and those awarded by a public election process. The former is the way we run the main contest, while the later is a way to get people more active in our social networks and to get more followers
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- There are still a lot of places in Colombia with too few or none photo on Commons. We will give a special award for the best photo of a place like this. So there is a big potential to use those photos on the Wikimedia Projects
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the fifth consecutive time that we run this contest
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: At least 60
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 700 (At least 100 of them of places with few or none photos on Commons)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes for winners
- This year the prizes will be Éxito gift card and 3 gift cards of Libreria Nacional:
- First place: 300,000 COP Éxito gift card + 100.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Second place: 150,000 COP Éxito gift card + 100.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Third place: 100,000 COP Éxito gift card + 50.000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card Total cost of main prizes: 800,000 COP
- Also we will give several small prizes:
- Prize for uploading the largest number of photos on Commons - Librería Nacional 50,000 COP Gift card
- Prize for the best photo from a town that has few or none photos in Commons - Librería Nacional 50,000 COP Gift card
- Prize for uploading on Commons the largest number of photos from a town that has few or none photos in Commons - Librería Nacional 50,000 COP Gift card
- Prize for the best photo of a monument that has few or none photos in Commons. 50,000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- Participation Prize: Prize to be raffled among all participants who have uploaded more than 15 photos : 50,000 COP Librería Nacional Gift card
- People's Choice prize: For the photo with most "likes" on facebook. 20,000 COP Gift card Total cost of small prizes: 270,000 COP Total cost in prizes: 1.070,000 COP Ads While we'll use Wikipedia's sitenotice as our main advertisement hub, we plan to use Facebook ads for showcasing the contest and our group.
- Facebook ads: 200,000 COP
- Twitter ads: 100,000 COP
- Instagram ads: 100,000 COP Total cost in ads: 400,000 COP
- Logistic costs
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses): 50.000 COP Three Librería Nacional gift cards for the jury as a thanks for their help: 150,000
- Total logistic costs: 200,000 COP
- 1.670,000 COP (500 USD Aprox.)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!