Grants:Project/Rapid/kid keen 47/Notable Nigerian Sport Ambassadors
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: New editors will join in the project
- Increase skills for existing editors: we will improve our skils while doing the project
- Add or improve content: content will be added to wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of 5 editathons will be done
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have put the link in https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Project_chat#Putting_a_wikidatapage_in_edit_mode_via_the_URL
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Through social media handle like whatsapp. we will also be meeting physically
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- I am an experienced editor and i will also be working with other experienced editors including user:Oby Ezeilo user:Offordile234
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most participants are skilled. Some also have laptops.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- By telegram, WhatsApp and physical contact
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- I will be running an off line event but the place to be used will be spacious and participants will not be up to 10 in each session
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We target to create more content on female sport winners of major competitions as they are less represented.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 5
- Number of participants 38
- Number of new editors 4
- Number of of articles created or improved 160
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 6
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I will organize this project with other experienced editors. some of us have laptops and time to execute the project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hire of meeting place: 110 X 5 = 550
- Hire of Laptops: 4 X 30 X 5 = 600
- Provision for data: = 250
- Food and drinks: 14 X 38 = 532
- Total: 1932 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!