Grants:Project/Rapid/lechatjaune/Mulheres na Ciência/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? I partially met my goals since less people than I expected went to the event. Nonetheless those who came showed genuine interest and I feel motivated to continue organizing events like that. For now, I will help orgnizing a similar event at Federal University of Santa Catarina.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||1 event|
|10 participants||8 partipants + 4 organizers||As explained above, all federal services, including our University, were close the 22th June until 2pm.|
|5 new editors||pt:user:TatiSbarVero, pt:user:Anaherrmann, pt:user:Camila.seer, and pt:user:Martina Caroline Stapenhorst. Only one of them edited after the edit-a-thon|
|10 articles created or improved||2 new articles in portuguese. 12 articles edited. Summing up to 3.17Kb added.|
|2 new professors interested in the educational program||1|
|3 new professors interested in repeating an activity like that at their own department||5|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The public showed genuine interest on the gender gad on Wikipedia and on the educational program.
- In the follow-up survey:
- 80% thought it was very good and 20% thought it was ok.
- 80% thought the edit-a-thon was motivating o starting editing.
- 100% would like this activity to repeated on their own department.
- 80% would like to participate on the education program, though only one showed concrete interest until now.
- What did not work so well?
- The brazilian Ministry of Planning, Budget, and Management issue a directive closing all federal services, including our University, the 22th June until 2pm so Brazilians could watch the match Costa Rica vs Brazil. Not only I had to postpone the event to 2pm but also many students and professors failed to come to the campus.
- Starting editing on Wikipedia is a greater challenge than I thought. Even giving them easy task, the participants found a lot of difficulties on writing and it seems to me that they need more time to get editing skills.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Next time I will schedule the activities for the beginning of the school semester so that students participating of the educational program might benefit of it and get more encouraged to undertake activities on Wikipedia.
- I will try to get formally involved professors from other departments in the activity so they help me to increase the public.
- I will organize several events so I will be able to use more rationally promotional material and my time.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Poster impression: BRL 194,00
- Coffee break:226,25 + 14,08 + 120,62 = 360,95
- Total: 554,95
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No.
Anything else you want to share about your project?