Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- It was my first Wikimania and it was a good chance to meet people who we deal with them without see each other. I have wrote a blog post about my personal experience in Wikimania.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
I had a good opportunity to meet people from Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Spain and other wikipedians from all over the world. we talked about the development of translation tools from spanish to arabic and vice versa. As i'm a volunteer in Wikipedia Education Program and leader and Campus Ambassador at Cairo University, Egypt, i met people who are interesting in participating in the translation of the tutoriales, which can easy help students in their job. I met some professors, who will deal with them in producing videos and tutoriales from the students from each country. Also, I met people from Wales and Serbia, who are interesting in collaborate in the mutua translation of articles from arabic to serbian and welsh Wikipedia and vice versa. I had a great chance to attend the arabic and african meetup to discuss more issues related to Arabic Wikipedia and situation of the africans in the comunity, and they related their story about the WikiIndaba.
I'm planning to attend Wikimania every year, I'm so sad for no being able to have the opportunity to attend every year. This year, I attend as an attendee, but i'm thinking about preparing a presentation for the next Wikimania in Mexico and attend as a speaker. I wanted to meet and speak to everyone, who attended the conference. Sadly, I didn't able to attend more sessions, which I was interesting in. But, I'll plan to arrange everyting for the next Wikimania to participate more efficacy on it. I had a good chance to talk to Jimmy Wales and take a personal photo with him.